Analog FX (ducking) and Kick

Hello everyone,

All my instruments are in the “Analog FX” chain to take advantage of the distortion of the master,
how can i prevent AMP2 (ducking) from being applied to my Kick ?.

-If i don’t check the kick in the “Analog FX”: no ducking but no distortion (of the master)
-If i check the kick in “Analog FX”: distortion (of the master) but also the ducking

thanks

I think the only is to not let the kick run through the master fx track. Maybe you can use the overdrive parameter on the kick to get it closer to how it sounded when routed through the FX track.

1 Like

Yes , i think this is the only solution …

You can get the ducking effect by setting the the amp envelope on the FX track to inverted AHD. Then in the sequencer of the FX track add trigs on the same places as the kick and play with the attack, hold stages and depth of the amp envelope. And indeed don’t route the kick to the FX block in this case

5 Likes

Yes, that’s how it should be used.

I added a request :thinking:
On the “TRIG” page to the right of “filter trig on/off” ,
add “DUCK on/off” (AMP2 FX) .

That’s pretty much impossible. in this case you are literally routing all audio through an analog FX block containing overdrive, filter + envelope and then an analog VCA with envelope (which you use to “duck”). That’s the signal path.
The trig page applies to the sequencer of each separate track.

The solution you are looking for is duplicating the kick to another track. Route one of the kicks through FX block with amp ducking and the other kick you leave routed to main out.

2 Likes