Analog Four restore and transfer problem

hi! might be a noob question but after I’ve lost data (didn’t know kits don’t save with project save) will ask anyway.

so i have a grey analog four mk2. bought several sample packs online from elektronauts and also 3rd party. tried to put them on with elektron transfer but doesnt work. c6 doesnt work on my mac version too new, so did with Sysex Librarian. however, it only transfers aroun 80-90% of the sounds ALL the time. like out of 200 sounds it does 180-190. some is missing each time something else… anyway. i have them on mostly.

did some songs, patterns in banks etc. now i want to do factory reset to try to put the sound packs again.

if i do factory reset, all my patterns and sounds will be gone, right?

is there a way to backup?

and the important question: lets say one of my pattern uses a kit which uses a sound from the former bank H sound 12. if this time the sysex puts all my sounds on it, this same sound might be on H21.

what tip would you give? leave as it is?

(this elektron transfer doesnt work thing is annoying, anyone jpknows why?)

if i do factory reset, all my patterns and sounds will be gone, right?

No. Empty Reset will do that, factory reset will only reset the contents of project 1 and sound banks A and B. Other content on the +drive will not be affected.

is there a way to backup?

The forum search feature finds info like:

Should work the same in Transfer or any other application for sending and recieving sysex.

Any ‘sound’ within a Kit is totally divorced from its origin …

Your issues with Sysex Librarian may be related to speed related settings within its settings

If your sounds are directed to a sound bank, it will depend how many slots are still free - it will top out at 256

I suggest that you take a few of the onboard existing onboard sounds, practice exporting them (using Transfer and using Sysex Librarian) and practice placing them where you want them - then you will get a feel for how to place them - SysexLibrarian won’t be right for dealing with bespoke Elektron formats

Not sure what issues you have using Transfer - it’s not uncommon for issues to stem from using an older version