Analog Four MKII out now!

With the original soundtrack then.
Some legal weirdness meant that they had to lose all of the sixties hits and replace them with generic muzak type nonsense.
Proof of THE POWER OF THE MUSIC, as the film is nowhere near as good as it was without them.
Ya can’ay burn me off a DVD, can ye poppet?
:laughing: ( apologies for off topicness)

Had no idea about the soundtrack. I would’ve sorted you out if I had a laserdisc player haha. I bought up a dozen laserdisc’s for peanuts due to the artwork. Have some framed in the house.

I used to find the quote “Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.” hilarious until I basically fulfilled that one to the letter in adult life :sob:

2 Likes

Ha Ha. Same here brudda! This’ll put a smile on your face and honey in your ears!

2 Likes

Oh man the MK2 is indeed very tempting… Can’t decide between this and the Novation Peak.

Features aside, which sounds better/more interesting?

Just picked up mine and did a quick smoke test. At first sight it looks like everything is where it should be. Display is nice and bright. I really like the new form factor, provided at some point there will be a combination of cover and gig bag to lug it around. Sound wise it’s too early to comment. I was only able to listen to a few presets on a pair of sh1itty cans. More later.

4 Likes

I had a go on the mk2 today and I like the sound engine, I get more excited of the sounds and there is more character in it. I like the quick performance option. So I like it more than the mk1… but… I dont like its footprint. Its too big… sorry… its just not the elektronstyle box anymore. maybe I just like those mk1 boxes to much, I dont know, but they are big enough for me.

2 Likes

I like what I’ve heard so far, especially in the low end and I really dig the new layout. I think it’s good that after all these years they went for a new design and the new trig buttons are a definite plus. One thing I’m a little concerned about is the long term effect of finger grease on the buttons, but then it’s an instrument intended to be played, and some patina is a natural result of that. For me it’s a keeper and I’m more and more excited to see what the new AR will be like, which is the one of the MK2s I’m most looking forward to.

Yep got mine too :slight_smile: First impression ‘a work of art’ and lets make some :))) Kudos to the Elektron team!!!

Soundwise i like it much more than the MK1

Ugh im so jealous! I am still waiting for mine :’( I do like all the upgrades especially the quick perf knob thing. I am kind of stoked to use the expression inputs too

Are we thinking the sound engine has been fully revised considering everyone likes the new sound and thinks it is quite different from the MK1.
I mean it sounds like it is more than just a filter and overdrive tweak?

Does cenk say the oscillators were rebuilt? I feel like I heard that in a video

Not explicitly.

“Reworked the analog circuitry” and “overdrive has been enhanced”

A lot of what I am hearing in the cuckoo video that A/B’s the MK1 to the MK2 is the same difference I heard when I got my AK and still had my A4 MK1, aside from the differences in the overdrive, of course.

Remember all the “deeper bass” threads?

3 Likes

I was just talking about this last night.
I’ve never heard an AK in person, but I was asking a fellow Elektron wizard what he thought about the MKII sound, he promptly responded, its the same as the AK.

1 Like

So did they do away with LED feedback on the keyboard for the MKII?

I love that feature.

It’s not. There has been evolution also since the AK. Even if the AK was indeed labeled as more pronounced in the bass than the A4 MKI.

4 Likes

its sounds cleaner and richer, not as woolly as A4 mk1 to my ears

Here’s so more A4.

But first, a massive face palm. I’ve had this MOTU Ultra Lite for the past 6 years and only today did I realize this whole time I’ve been recording in mono. I flipped a switch, and 6 years later, I’m in stereo. I can’t go back and rerecord any old tracks because I delete them as soon as I make them so…the past is forever in mono and the future is in stereo :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/djadonis206/2017-1019-a4-part2

7 Likes

Well, someone better tell Simon and Dataline, then, cause at the early parts of this thread, they certainly give the impression of otherwise, even suggesting unique sound packs and separate OS branches.

But I’d happily be called out for subject to placebo, cause if the AK always sounded like this, I’m getting one. They’re at Roland Boutique level over here now, when it comes to second hand prices.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to flame a thing, but I would definitely like to hear comparison stories about the AK vs the MKII.
Seems like theres a few.
Convince me.

1 Like

Yeah I’d like to hear this too.

But, being honest, I never really heard much of a difference between the Mk1 and AK (owned both). But I do hear differences clearly in the recent comparison videos of Mk1 to Mk2.

If little between AK and MK2 then I might look into sourcing a cheap AK again and an AH to go with it instead.