Analog Four MKII out now!

No mixing desk in the Club with EQ?

LP1 can be used for Basic EQ duties.

LP1 This unorthodox 6 dB/octave lowpass mode has a less steep attenuation slope above the cutoff frequency than the LP2 mode. More high-frequency content will thus be retained, making the filtering less aggressive. The slope is gentle like a 1-pole filter – which normally cannot have resonance – but works in essence like a 2-pole filter with a resonance peak. The amount of resonance determines how much the frequencies around the cutoff frequency will be boosted. The LP1 mode is useful for equalizer duties without resonance, or for adding a resonance with just a hint of lowpass softness.

Question- Would you choose the A4MK2 as your only polysynth? Or do you guys get it mostly for 4 mono track duties?

I prefer using it as 4xmono for building the basis of a track then use synths with more polyphony to fill things out. Sounds great as a poly though. I sample a lot of poly stabs from it for Digitakt food.

2 Likes

I use it as a full blown workstation groove box on its own. It’s more a four track synth than a four voice one. As sound locks grow on you, you realise that the word ’sequencer’ doesn’t accurately describe the power of Elektron’s take on sequencing. It’s so much more than just a sequencer.

2 Likes

But one could argue that a polyphonic sequencer sequencing polyphonic instruments doesn’t need sound locks.

I wish ANY sequencer would allow soundlocks! Wish the Prophet 6 had that feature.

save $400

https://www.storedj.com.au//elektron-analog-four-mkii-4-voice-analog-synth-ele-analogfour2?gclid=CjwKCAiAlL_UBRBoEiwAXKgW57XkHIlGC_5aSLzswDRAIFGKz_cvxV_yBOkJxGgqC9kF5i-BIFpo2BoCGEsQAvD_BwE

1 Like

prize dropped also in Thomann and other EU stores

Yep quite a few stores have that price. I got mine a month ago for 1170 euros as well.

It makes me wonder though why it’s price dropped so much after only a couple of months being released… The other MK2’s seem to hold their price. The A4 MK2 must not be selling well, or maybe the DN killed the desire for many.

Or maybe it’s Juno’s pricing that started it all?

the A4 always sold less than the other machines, really don’t know why

probably because of the competition. there are number of analog polysynths available on the market in this prize range…

The A4 is a unique instrument, I don’t think that it can be compared with traditional polysynths.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Four MKII Frozen on Startup