Analog Four MKII out now!

Yet to have had a shot of the Mk2 but from videos and sound clips I think you’ve nailed it and put it in a better way than I ever could.

There’s something in the sounds I’ve heard that has made me sit up and take notice. Putting aside the likes of U-He’s vst’s, I always thought the A4 was easily replicated ITB. The Mk2 sounds more analogue. I hate myself for writing that actually. What I mean is that it sounds more like what I want from an analogue bit of hardware without going too far over the cliff like with the DSI stuff (just don’t like their sound at all!).

1 Like

Which DSI stuff are you talking about? Their CEM Filter based Line of Synths differs from their SSM and SEM recreated filter on Pro2, P6 and OB6.

1 Like

Their older stuff. I’ve owned a few of their pieces over the years - always too harsh/metallic for my liking. I don’t doubt the newer stuff is likely more pleasing though (from what I’ve heard anyway).

1 Like

The Pro2 has that metallic Tone too, due to the digital OSC. But its Filter are very smooth and buttery. So are P6 and OB6. Less metallic but very organic smooth. Try them of you can. Much better, than those CEM based stuff. DSI together with Novation Peak and Elektron Analog Four Mk2…best sounding modern analog gear.

1 Like

Does the A4 mkII have any EQ settings or even a tone knob? I really love my OG A4, but some of my sounds get pretty peaky/ear piercing when cranked up to club volume.

If the mkII had an onboard EQ, along the individual outs & new screen, I might consider upgrading.

Nope - exactly the same except character/design of LP filter/OD

2 Likes

:cry:

No mixing desk in the Club with EQ?

LP1 can be used for Basic EQ duties.

LP1 This unorthodox 6 dB/octave lowpass mode has a less steep attenuation slope above the cutoff frequency than the LP2 mode. More high-frequency content will thus be retained, making the filtering less aggressive. The slope is gentle like a 1-pole filter – which normally cannot have resonance – but works in essence like a 2-pole filter with a resonance peak. The amount of resonance determines how much the frequencies around the cutoff frequency will be boosted. The LP1 mode is useful for equalizer duties without resonance, or for adding a resonance with just a hint of lowpass softness.

Question- Would you choose the A4MK2 as your only polysynth? Or do you guys get it mostly for 4 mono track duties?

I prefer using it as 4xmono for building the basis of a track then use synths with more polyphony to fill things out. Sounds great as a poly though. I sample a lot of poly stabs from it for Digitakt food.

2 Likes

I use it as a full blown workstation groove box on its own. It’s more a four track synth than a four voice one. As sound locks grow on you, you realise that the word ’sequencer’ doesn’t accurately describe the power of Elektron’s take on sequencing. It’s so much more than just a sequencer.

2 Likes

But one could argue that a polyphonic sequencer sequencing polyphonic instruments doesn’t need sound locks.

I wish ANY sequencer would allow soundlocks! Wish the Prophet 6 had that feature.

save $400

https://www.storedj.com.au//elektron-analog-four-mkii-4-voice-analog-synth-ele-analogfour2?gclid=CjwKCAiAlL_UBRBoEiwAXKgW57XkHIlGC_5aSLzswDRAIFGKz_cvxV_yBOkJxGgqC9kF5i-BIFpo2BoCGEsQAvD_BwE

1 Like

prize dropped also in Thomann and other EU stores

Yep quite a few stores have that price. I got mine a month ago for 1170 euros as well.

It makes me wonder though why it’s price dropped so much after only a couple of months being released… The other MK2’s seem to hold their price. The A4 MK2 must not be selling well, or maybe the DN killed the desire for many.

Or maybe it’s Juno’s pricing that started it all?

the A4 always sold less than the other machines, really don’t know why

probably because of the competition. there are number of analog polysynths available on the market in this prize range…

The A4 is a unique instrument, I don’t think that it can be compared with traditional polysynths.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Four MKII Frozen on Startup