Analog Four/Keys OS 1.50: bug reports

downgraded to older firmware 1.35, which stated after reboot nvram restore failed. upgraded again to 1.50 and did a factory reset and now my keys are working again :frowning: opend a ticket anyway at elektron.se

3 Likes

Please fix the boot freeze bug asap!
Iā€™ve never had this issue before 1.50.
Instead of blaming it on the condensors, maybe you should talk to the dev team managers about their ā€œstableā€ releases QC and testing procedures.
You canā€™t leave such a critical bug in a stable release and then ask people who do LIVE performances to power off and wait 20 seconds. Thatā€™s why you have betas and stable releases, to not make a fool out us.

Please voice your concern directly to Elektron support.
This place is merely for and run by users, which means youā€™re basically shouting at us.
So please have a seat, some tea, breathe slowly and explain your problems.

13 Likes

For what itā€™s worth my first AR MKII had this behavior on the previous firmware. I exchanged it when it was new and my replacement, manufactured in 2020, did not experience this.

If you do contact Elektron-and you should-make sure to include your serial number.

Mine is a new from 2020 (black version).
Elektron told me they are aware of this behaviour and are working on it. Iā€™m not sure if I have to send it back to Thomann especially if it can be fixed :confused:

It seems firmware related so hold tight - they will deploy a fix as soon as physically possible. Sending back to Thomann will do nothing.

2 Likes

Makes sens :slight_smile: thx.

1 Like

All good! Iā€™d be shocked if the fix doesnā€™t come this week or next - they must be working round the clock on getting it sorted asap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what they said. Looks like the next one his high on priority :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah. Thatā€™s a new firmware bug.

Got an A4MKII. Sometimes it doesnā€™t boot up. Usually powering it off, waiting 20s and powering it back on works.

On one occasion it booted and did not make any sound.

2 Likes

Probably doing QC and testing that dogu just complained about them not doing :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t upgrade mine yet (not had any time to play anyway) so Iā€™m waiting to hear that it gets fixed before trying it.

2 Likes

I upgraded, and have this minor irritation on rapid power cycling. However, the upgrade has added so much new pleasure and power to the A4mkii that I could only recommend it despite the minor bug.

3 Likes

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled. With the old OS, in the step sequencer I could just change notes while holding down trig, and note key, easy enough. With the new OS, when I try this, I am adding notes to the ARP page. Well yes, plockable ARP notes is a feature I wished for, but changing notes is much more basic functionality it was so straightforward beforeā€¦
I realize that if I press note key first, then press trig, I can add a note trig to a specific trig, but it only seems to work if I donā€™t have a note on that trigā€¦ Which does not seem very easy way to just step sequence notes on the fly, also if I have to remove note to add different note I would lose parameter locks.
All in all, I just cannot figure out how to change a note on a specific trig quickly while keeping plocks intact.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
Zsolt

up

I just tested and It works like normal for me,
hold a trig + press note enters the note, if I add multiple notes (chord) on a step
it adds the notes in arp section as it always did.

1 Like

yep - nothing has changed - working fine

itā€™s always been hold trig first and press a note

pressing the note first only changes the position of the trackā€™s ā€˜newā€™ default note entry value if you subsequently tap an empty trig

1 Like

Thanks, I confirm, after a device restart it is working fine now, so cannot reproduce now. Hopefully I stays this way :slight_smile:

Same here, very annoying, never happened before. After 3-4 power ups it usually ok.

This is now happening to me. Post-update (done on the day of release), I had the ā€œdim lights for a few secondsā€ before power up completed. Now twice today, the A4 MKII powers to the logo and the firmware version and just freezes. Powering it off for a minute then back on seems to remedy it but itā€™s still worrisome nonetheless. Hopefully itā€™s something that the devs can reproduce and remedy.

Sorry to hear some of you are still experiencing this. Fortunately I seem to be OK after the initial lockup, though it seems something is not right so letā€™s hope the devs are able to nail it down and we get another update to correct whatever the issue may be.