Analog Four/Keys OS 1.50: bug reports

Ok. Support let me know that there are a few reports of this. They’re working on it!

2 Likes

i didn’t touch my synth for a while
an i was afraid it became dusty
but fortunately its a software issue :slight_smile:
tnx for the information

1 Like

Did anyone else experienced a weird behaviour since the new upgrade :
When my main outs are connected the A4 does not want to boot. If deconnected it work but it seem to boot way slower than before.

Any others with that problem ?

1 Like

i’m also getting this… but it’s not because of “rebooting” the device quickly. yesterday was the first time that it got stuck after being off for the whole day after which i tried rebooting, removing the power cord etc, and eventually somehow it booted. today the same thing happened the first time i tried turning it on, there’s definitely something up.

2 Likes

Hi folks, I got the same issue, sometimes when I turned my A4 MKII on I get stucked in the intro screen. I’ve contacted Elektron they said to me that there are large capacitors inside the Analog Four MKII that need this time to discharge after a rapid restart or crash before the unit can boot. They have received reports of this discharge happening for no apparent reason or more frequently on some units since the brand new OS 1.50 and are investigating with the highest priority. We should have a bug fix ready soon :slight_smile:

Have a good day everyone !

7 Likes

that’s good to know !

1 Like

Thank you for that. I really like when people posts their follow up with Elektron. Very useful.

4 Likes

You’re welcome. I was afraid when it happens so I guess the feedback could help other users.

I was the only user reporting this during the beta and it was certainly after a quickish power cycle that I did, so it wasn’t chalked up as significant - it was the first time I saw it, the next was the public release and that was the last time

I know they’re own it and I have no idea what’s behind it, but I wonder if the tweaks they’ve made to cater for the newer facelift analogs (they provide different led intensities to the grey) has been a factor in flushing out a power-up problem, given they both use the same firmware

I’m having it often when booting up it has dimmed lights and black screen and it takes an extra 5 seconds to start … even when not been used for a while… it has started every time though… it is not happening on the Rytm mk2

2 Likes

Pretty sure the upcoming fw will help us all.
That being said, got the black one, such a beauty !

1 Like

HI.
Does any has problems with pattern tempo? Mine is not working anymore . All the patterns in a project have the same tempo. It’s like pattern tempo became exactly the same of project tempo.
Same thing happened on the AR

Hi, sometimes my A4 MK2 won’t properly start up. It only displays the OS version Number and a “C” in the left corner and freezes. Func+1 on startup is showing no errors. Eventually starting and restoring it multiple times leads to proper startup. Any idea why that happens?

1 Like

discussed extensively above (ps the c means nothing) - just don’t start too quickly after turning off - reboots need 20seconds downtime - Elektron are working on why this is more of an issue with this update, but the potential for that freeze has always been there if power cycled too quickly

2 Likes

is there any indication these bugs affect mk1 or mk2 any differently, or are they about the same? feels like waiting to update is probably prudent at this point.

Elektron said to me that they got more tickets about this since the 1.5 update.

1 Like

It’s clearly a new thing for me anyway, it never happened before this update. And for it is everytime I switch it on. Anyway it still work which is the most imortant hehehe.

2 Likes

SOB, this is exactly the same issue with my Analog Four MKII, it freezes on the boot screen.
It all started after updating to 1.50. I now need to power off/on 2-3 times to boot it.

Come on Elektron, you can’t make STABLE releases with such critical bugs!

on my AK, the keys are not working anymore. :frowning: nor the leds are blinking when i press a key. In test mode when i test the keys i get shown the values of the notes. what a bummer.

pressing the hold button, the led just blinks up as long I only hold it . I may be wrong about this behavior