Analog Four/Keys Midi Out Tips & Tricks

So you basically just adjust the NO2/NO3/NO4 parameters appropriately and leave the MOD parameter set to OFF, correct?

1 Like

Not necessarily, if you want to use arp internally.

There’s no way to send p-locked midi out data from each track, right?

Only midi Notes On and Notes Off.
No plocked Control Changes nor NRPN send.

3 Likes

Too bad. An option to do this would really make the Electron sequencer really useful to control external gear, and I don’t see any real drawbacks to implementing this function.

4 Likes

I know I’m a bit late to the discussion :slight_smile: Why 6 tracks? Can you please clarify?

4 synth tracks, fx track and cv track.

2 Likes

Thanks, I was not aware of the cv track :blush:

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m starting to read the manual etc but I was wondering if you can use - let’s say - track 1 for the internal oscillator(s) and a Midi sequence at the same time or do you have to " sacrifice " a track to sequence an internal device ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

if you use a track with an internal voice it will double the line via midi - midi does not stop the internal voice

in fact, having the ability to stop a voice could be handy - then you could dedicate two voices to a track and have a free ‘audio’ track for Midi that could do chords etc without dipping into your voice allocation

midi on a T1-4 track will still cost a voice even if the voice is silent/grounded iirc

4 Likes

Ok thank you. Does that means you use same sequence for the Midi & the internal voice, right ? If so, well 
 could be fun & cool for layering.

essentially -the track stores the same note info - but technically you could vary the frequency of teh oscillator and offset it from teh midi value on all the steps and create a harmony or whatever - but they share the same basic note data - it doesn’t mean they need to sound the same

2 Likes

Totally get it, thank you !
I’m considering getting a MK2 for the individual & CV outs

2 Likes

A4 MKII have 2 CV In / Exp
A4 MKI and AK also have CV outs.
AK have individual outs.
A4 MKI have individual out mod possible, not very complicated.

1 Like

Who said it is ? I just prefer how it is on the MK2 :wink:

You said you’d want MKII for CV outs.
All Analog Four have them. :wink:

2 Likes

I was talking about the outputs being individual for Audio & CV without the need for a Y cable plus other cool features on the MK2 Vs MK1. Sorry my english wasn’t perfect.

2 Likes

Ok, I didn’t pay attention to that!
French here. :wink:

1 Like

Ah ben moi aussi :slight_smile: Puis j’avoue 
 le fait qu’elle soit noir 
 J’ai craquĂ© aha

2 Likes

I send midi notes from FL studio to A4 mkii. Tracks 1-4 works fine automatically, but CV track receives midi notes only if i put auto channel --> channel 6. Proplem is that cv-track(ch 6) needs to be selected all time so it can receive midi notes. Is there a way to make this work?

1 Like