Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Thankfully they are just evolving - it would be impossible to retrospectively catch up with their latest device thinking

FWIW there is a subtle but important distinction wrt this

the (slightly OTopic) Models pattern contains everything you might hope, including all current sounds per track, but the pattern is teh pattern, i.e it is more than an A4 pattern - the Models do have a kit, which is the collection of teh six sounds and it can be saved independently of pattern, so there is a kit paradigm, so a pattern can have a new kit loaded

ergo pattern isn’t kit although it contains a kit of sorts !

Elektron know what they’re doing - folks just need to learn how to use what they deliver - i think there’s progress here (MC), but it is incompatible with the A4 to adopt this workflow - so teh user has to adapt

The MC is a different beast from teh A4 AR etc - then there’s parts in teh OT !!

1 Like

Well at least I understand now why the DT+DN is the most popular combo for live performance. :wink:

This might confuse the issue.

The MS has the capability to load 6 samples at the same time. But this is not the same as Kits used on MD//MM//AR//A4.
Previously saved parameter data is not loaded with those samples the way it would be in those aforementioned boxes.

Really the MS scheme is more like the Digitakt scheme, with the added ability to load a whole folder of 6 samples at once.

The MC seems even a little different to that…

2 Likes

Actually I find the kit system much more gig-friendly…

3 Likes

Agreed!

Digi are great for a “jam”.

Kits and a bit of prep is better for the crowd.

3 Likes

@Schnork I am talking about workflows. Its much easier to focus on a single workflow, then having to deal with different workflows under stress during live performance. Easy to make mistakes then.

Luckily I just work with these devices in hobby setting in my home studio, so I will adapt and get the hang of these two different workflows. So no big deal for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

off topic exemption granted :wink:

for sure - but it is called a kit in teh MC manual and that is why it is worth qualifying

better blame elektron for this, but it is how they use the term here

1 Like

Hey I am just here trying to help someone understand the complex Digi vs A4 reload differential.

Don’t go screenshotting your MC facts at me, pal!

:wink:

3 Likes

I see. A4/AK and Rytm are pretty similar and OT, albeit a little different still fits in perfectly.

Performance Macros on the A4/AK lets you focus on important parameters (saved with the kit), kits offer an easy way to structure your sets and reload always brings you home.

With a kit you can change patterns and change patterns and you’ll never have to worry about unwanted parameter/sound changes.

1 Like

Thanx Adamjay. I’ll Do It asap

1 Like

Just got around to firing the MIDI out up on my Rytm MkII. Woot!

Funny, only the first 8 pads seem to be outputting MIDI notes via the sequencer.

(All Port Channels are set identically to CH1, with Port Config -> Output CH : Trk CH)

Pads 1-8 send MIDI perfectly… but ch/oh/cy/cb don’t send anything via the Sequencer, regardless of note setting)

Is this by design? Or am I doing something dumb? :thinking:

try the trig setup page, there is a “trk x sends midi” checkbox

cool! so you have to mute the internal track (otherwise this would play too?)

If you mute the internal track no midi notes will be sent, because the trigs will not be executed. The internal track needs to play along.

But you can configure a “silent” sound if you don’t want to hear it.

great, thanks, would have probably struggled with this. gonna try this weekend! awesome.

I think most of us will mostly want to only hear the receiving synth when sending out midi with the AR or A4 right? However when I think of it, it might also be interesting if it triggers both the internal voice/samples as the external synth, especially if you play with octaves/tunings, might give interesting sounds!

1 Like

One of the main reasons this feature (MIDI out) was requested over and over again was as a way to record the notes into a DAW (so you can re-use them, re-arrange, send them back etc.pp.). :wink:

1 Like

haha true, I might have been one of the ones requesting that. but as I’m growing older, I’m evolving and moving more toward dawless setups.

I cant understand why Elektron cant add up different type of reverbs(room, hall, plate) and delays to Analog 4 and replicate across the selected products of the line up. :sleepy: :expressionless: :disappointed:

A4/AK, AR, DT and DN have a pretty flexible reverb alresdy - you can get different reverb sounds from ambience to small rooms, hall and huge reverbs to even infinite.
A4/AK and AR even lets you modulate with lfos and p-lock the effects. That’s quite flexible already!

OT with its different fx types has to be seen in a different context, but I’d say the supervoid reverb is pretty good for a synth/groovebox reverb.
It also makes more sense (imho) to go for one flexible reverb instead of wasting the time trying to develop all sorts of different flavours.
As soon as you go down that road, you’ll encounter many people that do not like the flavour and wish for ‘a normal reverb’.

You can always run your Elektrons through a variety of different reverbs, from freeware plugins to outboard gear.

Is not a bad reverb, but the body is weak (thin) and does not emulate the character of different types (plate, chamber, Non-Linear Reverb). Yes, the boxes have reverb but with this price range products its expected to offer diversity at this level. In the delay the same, its always the same.
You can do some things with the existing ones, you can add external ones but as i said, at this price point is expect more, at least in machines that are more expensive than 1200€