Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

I wish it was but no, arp notes are not sent.
Min / Maj scales and transpose are effective.

1 Like

Just here to add my voice to the chorus of disappointment over no Arpeggiator MIDI Out. Hopefully itā€™s added soon!

Otherwise the MIDI out is a majorly welcome addition.

4 Likes

Struggling to get my 33 to play nice with my mk1 A4

Iā€™m trying to sequence it via the ā€˜freeā€™ fx track however, whilst I can play the 33 via the keyboard I canā€™t seq the bugger

What are your midi channels settings?
Is midi sent activated in note setup?

The keyboard can send Auto Channel or Track Channel. Iā€™d use Track Channel.

I read that 1.40 included some new graphics, but canā€™t find any specific examples on this on the A4 online.

Just curious what to expect when mine arrives (Wednesday canā€™t come soon enoughā€¦).

The manual has been updated for version 1.40. You can see examples of the new graphics on pages 63 (control input) and 85 (filters) amongst many others.

2 Likes

Its works for audio error 123456789 on the AR mk1 ā€¦?

honestly i doubt. it was a known bug before 1.40 specifically for MK-II afair. iā€™d fill a support ticket

Iā€™m still unable to control my Analog Rytm Mk1 with MIDI CCs at all on any page, even after upping to 1.50A. It all worked perfectly before one of the updates a few months back, and Iā€™ve fully tested my controller, cabling, etcā€¦ As well as the MIDI in on the Rytm (for uses other than CC input).

Is anyone else having better luck? Got any secrets to share? Did something fundamental change without my realizing?

A big part of the fun and interactivity of my live sets went away when this happened, so Iā€™m raring to get it back.

I dont understand and never upgraded but hell! everyone is excited and I am going to get excitedā€¦( note to self look up on youtube ) YEEEAHHHH :slight_smile:

Works fine here :woozy_face:, no new settings were addedā€¦use MIDI Monitor and see if your RYTM Is outputting CCā€™s for parameters

2 Likes

Finally, we got the long waited sq midi out, but I didnā€™t saw the meaning if itā€™s not a extra midi track because:
1)currently midi out function is weak
2)only you can do is layer outside sound with af voice, if you think mute internal voice, use af as 6track sq, I feel that no point, all other elektron box can do better and keep internal sound useful
Elektron box have midi track bonus tradition, since first synth monomachine you got 6 extra midi track, digitake, Digitone and powerful OT(that the way midi control should be)
This is not a feature requirement topicļ¼Œwhatever af output midi or not, I always love my mk1 and mk2, and I am looking for buy a ak,is there someone could tell the smart use of this great 1.40 update feature!
:slight_smile:

Hi guys, thereā€™s some latency when I send the midi sequence from my Analog Rytm MKI to a Korg Minilogue or Ableton midi channel. Any advice to compensate the latency so they match perfectly?

How much latency are you experiencing? Have you measured it?

I get a few ms of basic MIDI latency going from my A4 MK1 into a VST (plus some audio output latency on my audio interface afterward). Nothing noticeable in realtime, though.

I use both the FX track and CV track to send MIDI notes to VSTs, that way I donā€™t have to mess with the internal voice tracks at all.

Both tracks send up to 4 note chords, note length, velocity, probability.
Sure sequencing CC#s would be nice but for me, I can do that in my DAW.
Itā€™s the notes on probability that I value the most.

1 Like

probabilityļ¼Ÿwhat is it aboutļ¼Ÿ
if you use sequencer to vst or some out side soundļ¼Œwhy not try octaļ¼Œ8
midi trackļ¼

Check out the free manual for the deeper details, but basically each step can have a % probability if it will actually fire. Itā€™s nice for livening up static sequences. Can use it for fills and other things as well.

AK has the 37 key keyboard, A4 has the mini keyboard. I like both more than the 16 step keys on Octa.
To each their own.

1 Like

So with the A4 is there 4 synth tracks AND 4 midi tracks? Or just 4 tracks to split between synth and midi?

There are no separate MIDI tracks, but each of the 4 analog tracks can send MIDI notes.

Additionally you can use the CV and the FX tracks for sending MIDI notes, too.

3 Likes

Honestly when You feel that You really need to externally sequence :elmd: - IMO the best way is to get MegaCommand Live - it will give You more.

Possibly MIDI from AR could then be reserved to control ext. effects well, no CC over MIDI (yet?), or layer moar oscillators up top, I guess.