Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analog Four/Keys Midi Loopback

Awesome! Amazing update. I completely underestimated how much I would love the randomize page feature. Specifically, ive gone through all the patches ive made, where I only used one LFO page, and now randomizing the second page. Moments of instant awesomeness while clicking through randomizations!

4 Likes

This is a really great update! Thank you to the folks at Elektron for all your hard work and releasing quality machines that impact the world in such a positive fashion.

Tempo per pattern is something I had really wanted with any of the Elektron boxes that I own. Currently donā€™t have either the DT or DN. Cheers!

1 Like

Surprise , Sounds great,
Makes me en more sad that the now even more favourite and simple sequencer (a4)
is still not used much because the AUTOSAVE doesnt let me jump around patterns without worries.
Disable pattern autosave would have made me so happy and take out a4 without worries

Yes! thanks. Iā€™m using the cv track to seq the o-coast but I forgot you could use the fx track, now Iā€™ve got a dedicated track for polyphinic sequencing that doesnā€™t interfere with anything else, amazing!

Oscs set to ground, you can disable synth, without disabling Multi Map > a track can trigger itself, record Multi Map > Soundlocks.
You can also set oscs or track level to 0.

Omg, this update is awesome. I pulled out my MnM from my liveset because the sequencer is way too limited. Now, at least I can trigger 2 channels with my A4 with this scale per track functionality and midi-out (fx & cv) and make really long patterns.

I had a hanging note tho. I had to reboot my MnM but maybe that occurred because I was playing multiple notes from the A4 keyboard to the MnM while changing a pattern on the MnM or toggling the polyphonic mode on the MnM ( does also work :smiley: )

2 Likes

Letā€™s not forget, with A4 midi, you can ā€œcomplete the circuitā€ better than with the Octatrack. Same track, p-lock galore!

If you want to process a specific voice or two of your Monomachine, you can sacrifice a track or two of the A4 run the Monomachine through the oscillator through the external option, analog filters(p-lockable), A4 fx, AND youā€™ve got those LFOs to modulate the analog 4 components. Itā€™s going to be great(wish I had a Monomachine again)

Told you not to sell it :wink:

3 Likes

I have to say - it would be pretty excellent to be able to hold some encoders down on the A4 or RYTM to prevent the pressed parameters from randomized when pressing Parameter(page)+Yes. I knowā€¦ a lot of button presses, but what if - for example; I didnā€™t want Tune and/or Fine Tune modified by randomization on the A4? Tanks!

5 Likes

So you just turn the knob to itā€™s original value :smile:

2 Likes

What is this sorcery?!

Iā€™ve noticed when I send midi from A4 to other devices that the sequencer works great. However I canā€™t get the keyboard to work, only when it plays back. Is there a setting Iā€™m missing? Also slides, do they work over midi?

I think you have to define the auto channel in midi settings.
(Use of keyboard was possible before this upgrade) So those are two different settings. keyboard/track sequencing
:smiley_cat:

But slides arenā€™t working I think, maybe even the note slidesā€¦ I dont know.
:smile_cat:

1 Like

Keys and pads can be set to send to Internal/External/Int+Ext - look in MIDI config

No slides with Midi

3 Likes

The new graphic user interface will help newcomers to the device A LOT, very nice!
Now, i see that the chromatic button doesnā€™t have an action associated with a long press, scales anyone?
Randomization is such a cool trait, will make finding strange and usable sounds a lot quicker, lovely tool for inspiration.
Loving this update!

1 Like

hello! :smile:

is it possible to sequence an external synth with the AR in Ableton via USB? i canā€™t find so i need some help :slight_smile:

thank you!

1 Like

Yes only mono because itā€™s a drum machine

in the track trigs menu, where the quantization options are, there is a new ā€˜ā€˜track x sends midiā€™ā€™ checkbox, check that. in the midi config, also set the sending chanel to trk ch, not auto. And you can then set every track to itā€™s own midi channel.
hope this clears it up, had a similar problem last night when i tried to sequence external synthsā€¦

Bug fixes

[MKII] Audio errors were shown in test mode even if there were no actual errors.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: