Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

Instead of having to hold trk+pad to swap sounds on the AR, you can switch it to automatically change just by selecting the pad. It’s a small thing but great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just clarifying that ‘swap sounds’ means the sound parameters visible for editing - swapping sounds is a function in itself (via double tapping Track for example)

Having the Track selection focus follow the last pad played is just about the best change for daily use

1 Like

These:

Quick performance tip - play your sequence as usual, kill lows (or mute kick) for few bars and randomise notes with note + yes. After few bars hit note parameter + no to return to your original sequence. Bang! You’ve just applied some random variation during your pre-planed live performance!

You can use this technique for other parameters to make happy accidents on the fly

10 Likes

Most, but not things like FX>External-Ins>Cho Del Rev level Pan etc - these can be parameter locked, but not randomized, probably wise, mostly it applies to sound parameters

2 Likes

This is SICK!

Haha I knew that would come across as confusing when I wrote it, but you get what I mean. Simply, an excellent work flow enhancement.

1 Like

Trig/notes pages don’t randomize on my MKIs is this working on MKII? :cheeky:

1 Like

this, well except it won’t actually work for Note, just the Kit parameters, Everything right of Note

3 Likes

Does this update also mean that AK can now also act as a MIDI/CV conversion hub, taking an external MIDI input, and sending those messages out CV A/B/C/D?

1 Like

Neither, not a kit parameter

3 Likes

So if I set Track 1 to recieve notes from Midi Channel 1, it also sends the sequencer data out to Midi Channel 1? I cannot select another Midi channel?

2 Likes

if a Track receives Notes from outside, it will block ALL underlying/simultaneous sequencer data (implicitly on the same channel)

It cannot be a different channel

2 Likes

True, thanks for clarification.

It would be nice if randomisation could be also applied for Note and Arp. But I’m not sure if this is doable in further updates.

4 Likes

Really cool!!
Thanks. Very grateful indeed.

This is amaaaaaazing news.

Other than that, I just tried midi out, and using chromatic keyboard on my rytm.
I set the midi out to follow my selected track so this works now, but, things are transposed.
When I play notes on the rytm, (chromatic keyboard) and record these. The recorded notes will be a couple octaves higher for some reason. Any thoughts on this, is this a bug?

1 Like

This has always worked for me using MIDI Channel 6 on the A4. I use MIDI IN from a Digitone MIDI TRACK to the A4 CV Track for pitch/chord changes into CV/PITCH input of a Minitaur. I use a second MIDI Track from the Digitone to sequence the actual pattern to the Minitaur.

1 Like

Scale per track on the A4 & Rytm, fantastic ! Thank you for updating also MK1 devices. Hopefully freeze is fixed.

I knocked my head against this twice in the past. I could get messages from the computer via Overbridge to send out the AK CV, but not physically connecting external sequencers to the AK MIDI input. Appreciate the reply…and the renewed hope!

Off to purchase a MIDI/USB cable to connect my norns up to the AK

1 Like

has anyone successfully upgraded on MAC?

2 Likes

Yes, worked quick and successful.

1 Like