Analog Four 10 year anniversary coming up…

A4 RULZ

(that’s all i wanted to say but forum software didn’t let me :stuck_out_tongue: )

13 Likes

I sure as hell hope it doesn’t get the same love the website got.

6 Likes

I bet nothing is coming from Elektron for the A4 10years celebration

Their focus is Syntakt

1 Like

Since A4 is awesome as it is, I’m fine with that since the Syntakt always can use more machines :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

5 Likes

The only :3lektron: box I would legit consider getting an aniversery edition of is the A4. So I really hope that doesn’t happen :wink:

4 Likes

doubt it - the OT anniversary edition was the only black mk2 when it came out. not the case with the A4.

1 Like

The A4 has got some love pretty recently (when the black edition was released), so I would be quite surprised if we see something new hardware-wise (even though a glittery celebration box would be right up my alley).

They haven’t teased anything, which they did do for the Octatrack. Honestly with how much A4 and Rytm prices have risen (probably due to shortages and the more complicated casing) I doubt they’re still big sellers for Elektron.

Took me so long to fully gel with the A4.
Now it’s one of my favorites.
I’d LOVE to see anything released for the anniversary.

I considered selling it after I got it.
Was having a hard time feeling like the sound pallet was hitting marks I wanted.
I was so caught up in selling my SlimPhatty and trying to get the A4 to fill that void.
Someone on here challenged me to find it’s sweet spots.
Once I did that I completely fell in love.
Over the years still dialing perf macros keeps this thing so fresh.
Started using it for drums and got completely re-inspired.

5 Likes

Same experience. It’s one piece of gear I’m certain I’ll never get rid of and would replace immediately if it died. And I sold the first one I owned.

When I hear or read people complain about how plain or uninspired it sounds I know they’re missing out on something they didn’t explore deep enough. I made the same mistake.

Macros was a thing I just recently got into using and it’s added a new dimension. Amazing. I never bothered with them before. I edit them in OB because it’s easier and it is so musical and expressive.

3 Likes

I’ve had mine for almost 5 years and would like to see 8 tracks polyphonic on MK3 version with updated screen and features in the newer Elektron boxes. More CV control would be nice as well as updated synth and filter engine. I do wish Elektron would update their core sequencer to allow random, ping pong, reverse and other features in sequencers from the modular world.

3 Likes

agree the deeper I explore mine the better it gets

3 Likes

My thought process used to be “how can I make the A4 sound like other synthesizers?” and over time shifted to “how can I make other synthesizers sound like the A4?”

8 Likes

It’s often a lack of knowledge and effort. People wanting insta results in a deep Synth is kind of contradictory.

5 Likes

A simpler (and I’m sure way cheaper) solution: Buy two Analog 4 Mk1’s. Double everything.

4 Likes

And please a new Keys version! It’s just so much better programming with keys and the LED lights above the keyboard on the AK are perfect for seeing what your arps are doing when playing them in.
I would loooooove a new version of Analog Keys but until them I still think Analog Keys are insanely underrated.

4 Likes

hm a new keys version is something I really hadn’t thought about, but I like.

wow, 8 voice mkiii module and keys versions? pls pls pls elektron, I know it will be like $3k.

that would be really great if elektron would sail one of the main ships back into the light tomorrow. I already look worn out from waiting.

or they will do nothing at all. :frowning:13096222_968697059904379_6329989331459837651_n

3 Likes

The latter i reckon

They do not want to create friction with Syntakt