Analog Four 10 year anniversary coming up…

Analog Four will be 10 years old at the end of the year. Anyone think there will be an anniversary edition of the A4 or maybe even an mk3 finally coming? I imagine they will do something like they did with the octatrack, though at the very least i think that will be when we get new firmware updates for both the analogs since it’s been just under 2 years since the last major update (unless there are no more updates coming for them).
Just speculation since im considering picking up an A4 mk2 again, but may just wait and see what Elektron does for the anniversary in a few months. Thoughts?

10 Likes

Could be an AnlgTakt, keyboard fold would work nicely with it

1 Like

Already dismissed Analtakt as next trademark?

21 Likes

So long as it is delivered in discreet packaging - wouldn’t want the neighbours talking behind my back :joy:

11 Likes

This seems possible that they will do an analog/digital synth hybrid and use the digitone shell for it, like the did with the syntakt using the digitakt case. Though I am hoping for at least one more major A4 feature update or even better a brand new MK3 or Analog 8 flagship to replace it for the 10 year anniversary. Wishful thinking I know :wink:

Anal :elmm:achine

6 Likes

Who’s digging the MK2 size over the MK1?
Personally MK2 looks cooler but I like MK1 more.

7 Likes

I :hearts: my A4 mki. It’s just about the only way I want to spend my time.

To paraphrase Talking Heads: when A4 has come to town, I neglect my duties, I be in trouble…

Happy anniversary :cake:

7 Likes

“Who’s digging the MK2 size over the MK1?
Personally MK2 looks cooler but I like MK1 more.”

I love the MK1 looks…but have an MK2 and love it for other reasons.

4 Likes

the thought of a 10th anniversary something (or even a MK3) is the only thing keeping my rather advanced case of A4 GAS from turning into an A4…

5 Likes

If there’s a 10th anniversary I’d expect it’s just a black mk2 with a red button, extra decal and exclusive sound set

And maybe a nicer box

Similar to octatrack anniversary .

6 Likes

I prefer the mk2. Less awkward and cramped.

4 Likes

I don’t think something very colossal will happen, but if that were the case it would be nice to receive a firmware update with a little thing that would give this monster more versatility, being already incredible and infinitely versatile, I’m talking about scale relation things like on sintaktk or maybe a microtunig menu or a user scale menu, maybe add an “int to main” option to not have fedback when using it as an interface, p-lock for the arp and maybe be able to save the arpeggiator as part of the patches and be able to send it by midi on the Fx and CV tracks, be able to designate the external inputs as in the digitakt from stereo to mono and to be able to leave them for all the paterns as a global menu, a volume control for the subsocilator, a mute mode as a priority in the selection of tracks instead of just func+track, maybe a deeper menu for overdrive, maybe see the track parameter of the filter in the lfo^s, or finally a more friendly interface to export and import sisex data in overbridge. Soñar no cuesta nada.

2 Likes

I guess I’m celebrating a 10th anniversary by switching up to a mk2 from a mk1. :grinning:

Had a mk1 from the first batch to hit shops. I got frustrated by the limitations of those early firmwares and sold it after a year or so. I don’t think the +drive was even activated at that point. Bought another second-hand A4 a couple of years later, when it had matured a bit and I had more CV-driven synths for it to play with - it really came into its own when I started a small modular case and per-track scaling was added.

However, I recently realised I was finding it less fun to use than before. I’m getting on a bit now and the mk1 screen (and red labelling on a black background) was starting to be a problem for my tired eyes, whereas I’m absolutely fine with the DT screen. So… just acquired a grey mk2 and I’m back to loving the A4 again. The bigger size is way more ergonomic for me and I far prefer the button layout.

It does sound subtly different to the mk1 on some sounds though and I’m still getting used to that.

3 Likes

love my mki because its what I could afford, but i’d be a liar if i didn’t say i wish i had an mkii…
one day…

4 Likes

A4’s 10th anniversary tomorrow

13 Likes

Right, time to unlock the granular engine hidden in the firmware!

9 Likes

Yes please :pray:

1 Like

The website was going funny the other day. Do you think the A4 will get the same love as the Octatrack did?

1 Like

”Behind my back” lol