Analog Four 1.50 & Analog Rytm 1.60

Hey,
Sorry if wrong thread…
I’m using iPad with A4 mk1 (in USB MIDI mode). Works great.
I want to add OT to the mix for its sequencer (note, cc) and cross fader (cc48).
I figured that this latest update would enable me to use A4 as midi interface between OT and iPad.
“Added the functionality that the tracks set to SEND MIDI now also forwards the incoming data from external MIDI controllers to the MIDI OUT port for control of an external device.”
Notes and ccs do reach A4 from OT fine, but they are not forwarded to iPad.
I went through all the settings but can’t figure out where’s the problem. Am I reading too much into this new feature?

In theory this should work, but it seems, that the usb midi is only forwarded to midi out (via the tracks channel) if the incoming midi is coming in on autochannel (and the track has send midi switched on)

hi im using 1.50 os on my rytm and want to get the new os
is this the right order to do it

save projects to pc
install new transfer for windows
install new over bridge
load new os

is that the right way or is there a better order to do it?..help needed please and thanks

Sounds right to me… you should be fine doing it like that, there should also be instructions included with the downloads

1 Like

thanks for the reply…when ive loaded the new OS do i then do a factory reset to get the presets back?.then i can reload my projects right?

My advice would be to load the Presets Project first, then do a Factory reset if you want the new Patterns and the new Kits made from the already existing Sounds. That’s what I did and everything’s good.

thanks,you saved all projects ?even preset to your computer then did theOS update …then reloaded the preset projects …then do the factory reset? is that right?

hi,i cant save my projects …not with transfer or the c6 software ,can any one advise please

hi ,i think i might have to do the 1.60 update with out saving my projects if there is no way for me to save them …willl it be ok or will i lose my projects? HELLLLLLP please

I didn’t save my Projects as a sysex file on my computer before I made the update, I only saved my current Projects on the AR and/or the A4. Then, I have loaded the Original Presets Project and updated to the new OS so that if something went wrong, it will « only affect that Project ». After the update, I did a Factory Reset to have the new Patterns and Kits made from the Original Sounds.

Hi, serious i have A4 and AR both mk1, im not do factory reset but i have new look in settings, step recording, propability and trig perview, there is something more?

The full list of changes is in an html file that you download with the firmware updates and the list is helpfully reproduced in the fourth post in this topic: Analog Four 1.50 & Analog Rytm 1.60

1 Like

hi Tchu,thanks for that it worked ok …now i want to factory reset with out losing my 6 projects ,i still cant save the whole project on to my pc, have you got any ideas how to do that ,thanks for your help and time mate…if i save global slot 1 (ive only used 1 so far)would that save my 6 projects?

Mute issue again on AR mk2 1.60!
Please, fix it!

Welcome to the forum, @machinote. Elektron employees don’t usually look for bug reports in these discussion threads.

If you haven’t already done so, I’m sure the community would really appreciate it if you submit a support ticket to Elektron. Look for the button named “Click here to create a support ticket” on this Elektron page.

2 Likes

I asked for Elektron support about this issue.
Thanks!

1 Like

Trig preview is a life saver. Thank you for listening to us, Elektron!

3 Likes

This is a great update. I wish they update the p-lock capability for the arp on the A4. Similar to the p-lock capable arp on the Octatrack.

5 Likes

Hello everyone. where is the app in OS Trailer on YouTube video for god sake?!

https://www.triqtraq.com/

2 Likes