Analog Four 1.50A & Analog Rytm 1.60A

I’m having a strange issue with the buttons (all) being intermittently unresponsive after the 1.50 &1.50A updates. For example, 1 in every 10 presses is not registered by the device. I have an open support ticket with Elektron, but seeing if anyone else has had any similar issues. It’s quite frustrating as the synth has kind of lost its immediacy.

1 Like

you could compare notes with @glitched - iirc they have had a similar issue - support will presumably advise you on the next steps

3 Likes

Anyone knows the application we see used with the Analog Key?

Yes, that’s right. The bug came in with 1.50. The issue is that button-presses are not registered if pressed too quickly. It persists even in startup/test mode. There are a few of us that have this issue and I’ll be working with support to ameliorate it. They should contact you soon.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you are asking?

1 Like

i’d guess that should’ve been the analog four

1 Like

Ah, I see. I had that triqtraq app some years back, IIRC @Dataline was quite into it, it is a pretty cool little app.

Func+yes is the single greatest timesaver for sure! I was holding out to update my Rytm from the bug reports thread, happy to have things running smoothly. Really made my rytm+dn combo feel more cohesive!

Thank you Elektron for the continued support to your loyal customers!

1 Like

did they by chance adjust the sensitivity of the drum pads? or is this my imagination? for the first time in a while I took off “FIX” velocity mode, and it feels like I don’t have to absolutely SMASH the pads to get a decent level out of them. would be a great relief if this is the case.

There’s nothing mentioned about that in the release notes. Are you sure you weren’t of a certain mindset before and now that’s changed somewhat and they feel fine now?

maybe my fingers have gotten stronger, and since i haven’t been smashing pads, Im fresh, I dunno. still feels like it could use some work honestly. lol seems like it wouldn’t be too hard just to add a manual adjustment to the firmware or something lol

Yep, some calibration settings for different users would be much appreciated. Even Ess mentioned it when talking about the Models, iirc. Also, user settings for the LEDs and screen brightness would be awesome, just like they have on the Models

5 Likes

All good but what about Windows users? I downloaded 1.60 without checking if the Windows version of OB was compatible and now I’m stuck since I can’t find a link to the 1.50 download anywhere. I guess nobody uses a Windows here? 1.60 is only compatible with the latest OB FOR MAC and the Windows version doesn’t support 1.60, and if you somehow failed to see the difference like I did, you’re stuck waiting for a 1.50 link from Elektron? Doesn’t seem right, maybe I’m missing something.

Better yet maybe upgrade the Windows OB software to be compatible with AR 1.60? Or AR 1.60A?

The latest OB version came out before 1.60/1.60A, so they needed to update the text on their website. I guess that they simply forgot to update the text for the Windows version correctly.

Since the OB version is the same for Mac/Windows it doesn’t really make sense that different OS versions are supported and AFAIK from the OS beta tests there were no reports of OB not working on Windows.

If you really want a definitive answer, open a support ticket @ https://www.elektron.se (or maybe a Rytm owner may answer this?).

Can anybody please confirm wether this is a beatle, a beating heart, or something else? (Edit: is it because it fixes bugs???)

1 Like

Looks like a stag beetle with a massive neuron (maybe the dendrite end) connected to it.

Either way, that’s one clever bug.

1 Like

I tried to update my Analog Four MK1 from 1.50 to 1.50A and Analog Rytm MK 1 from 1.60 to 1.60A via Transfer version 1.2.2.9 on my Mac and received an “Incompatible OS” error in Transfer for both devices. I am running macOS Catalina version 10.15.7. Is this a known issue? Did anyone experience a similar problem? Any advice? I just submitted a ticket to Elektron.

Make sure that you have downloaded the OS versions for the MkI instruments and not those for the MkII instruments. The filenames will state whether they are for MkI or MkII.

2 Likes

Discovered this little addition to the sysex dump menu today. Nice.

3 Likes