Analog Four 1.35A & Analog Rytm 1.45A

EDIT: The releases have been recalled. If you have already upgraded, please downgrade to 1.35. --- MOD EDIT : 19 Sep - Closed, B release of withdrawn A release now available https://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-four-1-35b-analog-rytm-1-45b/62408
7 Likes

Awesome my dudes!

Had only noticed the little performance mode track assignation issue, but it’s nice to see updates coming more regularly!

2 Likes

List of changes from Analog Four OS 1.35 to 1.35A Bug fixes

• USB connectivity problems could occur on some computer systems after unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable.

• A regression caused pattern change behavior to malfunction.

• When performing page paste/clear operations, if the key press combinations were pressed and held, the device started to cycle between paste/clear and undo.

• When pressing and holding [FUNC] + [SONG MODE], Song edit menu opened, exited and re-opened continuously.

• Accent value could not be changed correctly when using the [ARROW] keys. Certain key press combinations caused trig keys to latch in Grid Recording mode.

• Track assignment indication had disappeared from Performance setup and Control input setup pages.

• The lowest octave LED was dimly lit when parameter locking was performed.

• [MKI] Pressing and holding a parameter key that has a subpage did not display the parameter values.

• [MKI] Parameter subpage LED indicator stayed on when accessing performance mode.

List of changes from Analog Rytm OS 1.45 to 1.45A Bug fixes

• USB connectivity problems could occur on some computer systems after unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable.

• A regression caused pattern change behavior to malfunction.

• When performing page paste/clear operations, if the key press combinations were pressed and held, the device started to cycle between paste/clear and undo.

• When pressing and holding [FUNC] + [SONG MODE], Song edit menu opened, exited and re-opened continuously.

• Accent value could not be changed correctly when using the [ARROW] keys.

• Certain key press combinations caused trig keys to latch in Grid Recording mode.

• Track assignment indication had disappeared from Control input setup pages.

• [MKI] Pressing [FUNCTION] + any Parameter encoder on the SAMPLE parameter page locked any further changes of that parameter until you selected a different parameter page.

• The free LFO multipliers were displayed with an “x” and not a “.” (dot) for the LFO multiplier parameter values.

4 Likes

I just tried this with my Analog Keys and now I can’t boot it up. I get a screen that says
EXCEPTION R0143
SSP : 4 VEC : 03
FS : 4 SR : 2014
ADDR : 400B4F66

2 Likes

Can confirm. Have taken down the firmware for A4/Keys MK1.
The A4 MK2 and Rytm MK1 and MK2 are ok.

2 Likes

Thanks Olle. I rolled back via Early Startup Menu. My Analog keys is happy again!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Well, I’m pretty bummed. I just tried to do a OS upgrade to my A4 Mk.1 and now it appears to be bricked…

Sysex seemed to transfer ok, took about 5 minutes, and the screen said “Success”, then it did a bootstrap upgrade, and when it restarted it only show a bunch of code on my screen.

EPTION R0143SSP:
:4VEC :03 FS:
4 SR :2000 ADD
R: 400B4F66

Now the unit does nothing.

I also tried using the early start-up menu to try and re-send the sysex, but my computer no longer recognizes my A4. (I guess the MIDI stopped working on my unit now)

Tried with both the Elektron C6 program and MIDI-Ox.

Ugh! Any thoughts?

You need to use the actual MIDI ports(the DIN jacks) and not MIDI over USB when loading the firmware from the early startup menu.

Reverted back to the 1.35 OS on elektron.se for the A4/Keys Mk1 for those who need to downgrade.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! I appreciate you mentioning the MIDI cables…

I will try OS 1.24 first, to see if that takes. (So, 1.35 and 1.35A are different? )

Just wondering , how did this get released without checking it for installing via all methods ?
Mac , pc , usb , midi , transfer app ,c6 … possibly others.
Each one , multiple times , upgrading from multiple recent firmware releases

We ( customers ) are not free Q.A .
Is it at least possible to check the method being used and bring up a warning screen ?

Yes, it’s a small bugfix update. The release notes posted above are for fixes between 1.35 to 1.35A. In the readme you can see all the changes between all versions.

1 Like

Not sure what happened, could be a mixup of the files I got delivered. Will know on Monday when the developers are back.

2 Likes

Rolled back to 1.35 using MIDI cables, all seems to be well again.

Thanks for all the fast help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into it , otherwise your already difficult job becomes worse making excuses for other people not doing theirs , and elektrons track record recently isn’t very good (sorry , but its my honest opinion) .
Releasing on Friday afternoon … also risky.

3 Likes

I agree, Tuesdays should be the standard.

10 Likes

Rytm MKII doesn’t play samples after this update. Synth engines play, but samples do not

1 Like

Im just doing the update from 1.45 and the installation stucks on OS Upgrade “receiving” :frowning:

Friday releases…

Every dev dreads them.

3 Likes

Me too. Everything OK when updating but after rebooting no samples from any pad sounds. Analog part is working OK. When trying to upgrade again from System Menu an error message appears and the unit gets blocked. Same happens when trying to calibrate it. I tried upgrading from early menu with same results.

Ok that’s it. I’m pulling all the firmwares.

6 Likes