Analog 4/Keys mk1 original manual?

I know this is a strange request, but does anyone know where I can pick up a physical copy of the original mk1 Analog 4/Keys manual?

Yes, I’m that guy who prefers the physical over the PDF.

I can’t find anything other than cheap printed versions of it on e-bay and nothing on Reverb. Anyone want to let their copy go?

1 Like

My Analog Keys came new without the manual about 8 years ago. I had a fedex store print one out.

Check out this thread called the joy of printed manuals, if I’m remembering correctly, it provides some scattered insight into better self-print manuals and options for binding etc. A lot of the Elektron stuff for the last 10 or more years probably only came with a printed quick start guide if anything.

1 Like

Much appreciated. I will keep this in my back pocket. I’d prefer not to go with the self-printed route. Cheers!

1 Like

No worries, good luck.

1 Like

Alright, just adding 2 more cents into the cup:

I now believe that bigfoot exists.

It’s only the getting started manual though, but there is an original print edition of something.

*edit: I assume this is what you already have.

I have the getting started manual already. Looking for the full blown big one.

However, that said. That’s pretty. Still love my Analog Keys more though.

1 Like

Welp, then this will not help any but after a bit of searching this is all I could find, maybe the earliest version came with one? Hopefully someone who bought it on launch can chime in.

1 Like

The Analog Four’s full manual was only ever available as a PDF.

If I remember correctly it was the first Elektron product not to have a paper manual - all full manuals since then have been PDFs.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the clarification. That would explain why I’m struggling to fine one.

Much appreciated!

The official manuals for the MD/MM weren’t far off this tbh. Nicer covers (ie. printed edge to edge which requires printing on a bigger sheet and cutting down), but still all seemingly digitally printed and spiral bound. The binding is probably better than the standard wire/comb binding you’d get at a printing place, but there’s not much difference. A good printing place should be able to print and bind something in pretty good quality.

1 Like

I love my MD, MnM, and OT printed manuals. The quality is pretty damn fine to be honest.

Seems like this is the route I will be taking.

I really do appreciate everyone’s input and feedback. So much <3 for Elektronauts

Just let them know that you’re fine with spending a bit more for something higher quality. See if they’ll be ok with extending the bleed of the front/back covers a little so there’s no white border.

1 Like

An excellent tip! Thank you.

I think I might take the other manuals with me and show them what I’d like to get back (;

1 Like

Actually, here are full bleed versions of the front and back pages, ready to print. Just whipped them up quickly for you :slight_smile:

They’re A4 sized (like the rest of the manual) so if you’re in a country that uses Letter size as default, you might have a bit more trouble, but see how you go.

A4_manual_back.pdf (400.6 KB) A4_manual_front.pdf (1.5 MB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I can’t express how awesome that is of you.

I know it seems like a little thing, but you just made this world a better place today for someone (;

2 Likes

Happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like