Amazon gets me

So I saw this article today https://www.theverge.com/tech/1006712/amazon-about-you-shopping-data for things Amazon knows about you. After checking my About page which was mostly pretty boring, I came across this gem:

“Gradually building audio cable collection”

Amazon, you know me too well. Anyone else have any great Amazon insights you would like to share?

8 Likes

I suspect we’ll see variations on a theme here.

2 Likes

I have 49…but the first 2:

49 results

Interests & Hobbies

Builds modular synthesizer systems

Product Preferences

Prefers modular electronic components

3 Likes

The first one has me questioning everything! My kids are 24! Oh fuck me! I gotta go!

6 Likes

I’m all over the place so Amazon must know fuck all from me.

5 Likes

I’m sure they know more than they say here but lol mine just has the most generic statements imaginable based on like 4 purchases.

3 Likes

Yup, Amazon gets me.

7 Likes

I can’t make this shit up! Just got this in the mail! WTF is going on here! Amazon may get others but they are getting me nervous!

10 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

lol mine thinks I’m some sort of damn nerd. Like couldn’t be more far from the truth… right everybody?

5 Likes

It’s hilarious that you have adult kids and are getting that. And I have zero children, and I’m getting this :joy:

1 Like

Building comprehensive audio cable collection
Selects specialized audio cables
Prefers Roland for music equipment
Steadily expanding physical media collection
Collects and listens to vinyl records
Values high-quality physical media
Likely has a garage
Prepares coffee at home
Watches films at home
Prefers premium butter

6 Likes

Spot on in some areas:

  • Interests & Hobbies – Creates electronic music
  • Interests & Hobbies – Builds audio equipment racks
  • Interests & Hobbies – Studies music theory
  • Interests & Hobbies – Likely values specialized music education resources
  • Product preferences – Values ergonomic desk setups
  • Product preferences – Expanding MIDI connectivity options
  • Product preferences – Likely prefers modular equipment systems
5 Likes

I mean c’mon, who doesn’t prefer premium butter.

6 Likes

You’d be surprised. Haha!

2 Likes

Cat Enrichment is cracking me up >.<

3 Likes

For real, butter is one of the few things I just can’t cheap out one.

3 Likes

And toilet paper.

3 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Hmmm…

2 Likes