Amazed by Heat

Never heard that one before… :smile:

1 Like

Haha you know me.

In fact the multitude of Elektronauts I’ve sold gear to will take that statement with the tiniest pinch of salt.

2 Likes

I bought your first Heat… still love it and about to try it with a small eurorack I’ve put together the last few days. Thanks for being fickle like me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but I feel bad that you changed your mind…ok the feeling’s passed! Glad you got another.

To whoever buys your 2nd Heat … Artsutanov’s gear is sold in immaculate (nearly new!) condition :joy:

2 Likes

Hehe. Thanks for the endorsement.

But I’m definitely keeping this one…for now.

Really old thread - looked for a place to share the love.

I have the Analog Heat MKII since about 2 weeks, I have mostly been using it on the master, subtle, and like it a lot BUT, I play more with it today, creatively and wow!! so much lovely audio coming out of this thing, be it distorted beats, synths, whatnot. Heavy bass, powerful highs with so much precision, never hurts the ears, great :slight_smile:

That’s it, love to all!

11 Likes

I’ll chime in too!

Been using plug-ins for end of chain for ages. Recently wanted something analog for my pair of Octatracks, so that I could record straight to a 2 track recording and achieve, more or less, an already “mastered” recording.

The Heat just makes so much sense.
The preset functionality means I can constantly tweak and iterate, and considering all the features that go into the end result, this is very important.
The EQ and Dirt (filter OD) both do lovely things within the Clean Boost circuit. And the envelope follower, even when used in very small amounts, is highly effective.
I’m not usually into stereo master LPF. But using my OT for HPF (on the crossfader) and Heat for 12dB LPF at the same time makes me smile every time.

I realize I am super late to this party. But I’m happy I found it.

14 Likes

It’s like a magic wand.
One press of a button and pooof!

All my turds are now listenable.

5 Likes

Like this guy said :

“It’s probably the most underrated tool out there right now.”

Hank Shocklee — of The Bomb Squad & Public Enemy fame — on the sound shaping capabilities of the Analog Heat.

1 Like

Don’t try this at home kids

1 Like

Yea for sure! Agree 100%
I figured it was underrated, never doubted its utility. It just wasn’t something I wanted or needed for many years. It’s definitely a product that is made great by the sum of its parts, which is a difficult quality to fully appreciate it until you’ve used it.

2 Likes

I often think of adding a second unit, while waiting for the next Elektron box.

3 Likes

All the time.

3 Likes

I completely understand why you would. Personally, I’d keep one for my OTs doing the sweetening thing, and one for everything else. I’m sure other folks have a lot of possible configurations that would benefit from a pair.

4 Likes

I’m also in the market for a second unit, wanting to trade my extra Digitone for one. I’ve been keeping mine semi-dedicated to the mains of my Digitakt recently and I want a floater that I can keep patched up to the bay for everything else.

1 Like

I’ve just switched from master duties to drum crushing with mine.
Getting another feels increasingly inevitable.

7 Likes

The beauty of AH with OB is the easy « patching » or grouping Tracks.

there’s a MK1 on Reverb for $519 shipped (in the USA) at the moment
Was about to buy it, but @tr909 is letting me buy this one he loaned me, that I’ve been playing with.

Please buy it so I don’t just buy 2 in one week.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted an AH for ages. I’ve had the funds but just never bought it. I was thinking about it again recently.

The only thing that’s stopping me is that I want a set up in which I can re-route audio effectively, so I can use an AH for a variety of purposes. I might need a patchbay :thinking:

But the day till I get an AH is creeping closer and closer…

1 Like

Do you use a DAW? because using it as a plug-in in OB really opens up that capability.
Mackie VLZ with the ALT3/4 is another good option.

1 Like

Ahh that’s a good price, tempted! I think $680 is what I paid for a new MKII, and the big screen is SUPER nice to have… $160 nicer though? I have some thinking to do!

2 Likes