Am I the only one? [Machinedrum love]

I wholeheartedly agree.
I have said it many times.
The power of the MD is in the box.

If someone spends time, to love the MD, they will discover this.

We are but messengers.

4 Likes

It bums me out that more often than not when I come across cool sounds or tips/tricks for MD, it’s usually UW sample manipulation. Maybe I’m just not looking hard enough.

this is always my go-to listen for beautiful, pure MD synthesis. from an Elektron party in 2002, so it’s well before the UW came about. it is, however, two MD’s and two operators at once (@nils being one of them).

11 Likes

Honestly try fucking with the lfo menu and some sine waves or an fm cowbell or something and you’ll find the gold

3 Likes

Here’s an album of mine that is 100% MD synthesis using the X.04 firmware and GND machines only.

There are also some more recent tracks of mine in the Current Sounds thread that are MD-synthesis only. The MD synthesis is where it’s at for me. Extremely capable, absolutely love it!

16 Likes

It’s up to you to create in in “Mission Briefs” a Track Challenge using only MD synthesis, same as Ryan did with cowbells ^^
Here is my 100% MD track I did for the said challenge, with only 3 samples from SNL (action starts at 1:05)

8 Likes

Awesome! @chiasticon listening now, this is great. @korpinen, will listen once I’m done with this Elektron party set!

@Bitsnbobs yeah, I really enjoy throwing LFOs at tonal sounds. It gets so silly in a good way.

@LyingDalai nice, I hadn’t delved into the Briefs from before I joined. Lots of gold in here to check out.

5 Likes

I love the Elektron Machinedrum

6 Likes

Lovely track. The new firmware opens up so much more possibilities too. GND synth machines are a great addition.

2 Likes

I only use the machines on the MD.
Here the my latest share of a little MD jam on insta in prep for a live show. There are a few MD only clips in my profile.

4 Likes

What OS you running on your MD?

X.09 unofficial.

3 Likes

This is a sps1 MK2, with latest oficial firmware :wink:

I got this model luckily before prices went crazy some years ago, just interested on its synthesis engine and different sound generation capabilities.

5 Likes

My only problem with my Machinedrum is needing to put down a MnM to get deep into it, and that I sold a few analog monosynths to get there.

4 Likes

Wish I had monomachine

Watch out for Machinedrum scams on eBay folks. There’s I believe 2 from Brazil at the moment. I fell prey to one from Lithuania. I’ve been promised a refund but it still wasted a whole month when I could have bought a legitimate one.

6 Likes

That is sad. Sorry to hear that.

I saw that and was wondering if that was the case. Always starting bid at $99.00

1 Like

The item photos on at least one listing are stolen from a blog from years ago, a quick reverse image search found.

1 Like

That’s crazy sorry to hear it - I got scammed in a slightly different way with a machinedrum - the guy claimed it had been broken in the post then saw it for sale with a new screen for double what he paid me