Allen Strange - Electronic Music REPRINT

There’s a post in the Make Noise user group on Facebook for a kickstarter to reprint this!

‘The repub will include: hard cover, spiral bound soft cover and keyword searchable PDF options with almost all the photos replaced, and some of the graphics redone, with a new introduction, testimonials, and a new cover done by his daughter.’

I’m sure it will be of interest here! I’ll post a link to the KS when it’s active for those not in the MN Group.

5 Likes

I’m not on Facebook. Does anyone know if this project came to completion?

1 Like

There’s a thread on ModWiggler that’s been regularly updated. It’s been quiet all of November though. They were redoing some of the illustrations and looking to announce the kickstarter after that.
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=203573&start=650

3 Likes

The Kickstarter is live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jasonnolan/allen-stranges-electronic-music

2 Likes

I mean I’m all for this but it’s kinda screwy that if one pays fifty bucks for the hardcover book they’d still have to pay extra to get the pdf too. That’s double dippin’ in my humble opinion.

Finally! Backed ofc since I’ve been wanting to own this for a very long time.

1 Like

Done (my first kickstarter actually)

1 Like

Just a quick bump/reminder that the kickstarter for this one ends in around 10 hours.

Anyone else having backed?

(A first for me, and definitely not something I normally would do, but have wanted a physical copy of this book for a long time!)

Been a long time since I last backed a kickstarter. I’ve been been following the Modwiggler thread for a long time and kind of had to back this. Even though I’m only going for the PDF. It’s just so satisfying to see this saga reach a happy ending.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! Looking forward to this. Also I indirectly learned about Hydra and now I’m messing with it but it’s making me kinda dizzy. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The book just arrived. Feels great to finally own a properly readable, legit version. Can’t wait to dig in!

3 Likes

Did you see this @Scot_Solida? I’m definitely ordering one.

1 Like

I got my hardback a while ago- it’s a nicely done reprint

Wish I’d backed the Kickstarter now…

Me too. The only pdf I’ve got is a bit dated.

Would have been nice to get a cleaner version, and maybe the hardcopy too.

7 Likes

Anyone from Denmark having received their copy yet? Still waiting anxiously for the delivery info for my copy.

It’ll be cool when the initial preorders are fulfilled and I can place an order, at least.

1 Like

Also from Denmark have heard nothing regarding shipping/UPS etc. I am following the kickstarter and looking out for if they post a “now we have everyting shipped” notification. Until then i try to wait patiently

1 Like

I got an email when mine shipped - UK though. Arrived last week, great to finally have it.

1 Like

Thanks - that’s good to know. And same here. :slight_smile: Seems from the last update that the labeling has taken a lot more time than they expected.