Allen Strange - Electronic Music REPRINT

I got my UPS notification now. Hope you got yours too!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile: I got my notification today too, so seems there is a shipment on the way to Denmark now. Looking very much forward to finally hold the printed edition.

1 Like

I’m also in Denmark and received my notification yesterday. I only hope there’s no trouble getting it here. Jason wrote in his updates that there’s been some delivery trouble due to label printing not handling non-english characters and I actually did write ‘København’ in my address instead of ‘Copenhagen’, so that has become ‘K’benhavn’. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have had the same worries. My street is “Løgstørgade” and it’s “København Ø”, so plenty of things to stumble over when someone has to send me something from outside of Europe. (In the form it has become “Lgstrgade” and “K*benhavn IE”, so we’ll see what happens…)

Anyway, fingers crossed! And lets hope this thread will soon be filled with photos from happy Danish elektronauts with their newly received book! :wink:

1 Like

I am also in “Sjllandsgade" "Kbenhavn” så yeah fingers crossed… maybe we should form a reading group once the book is here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ha, yes, I have had the same thought! :wink: We’ll see what happens, but I’m all for a reading group once everyone has their copy.

It has arrived!!!

A little creased in the corners, but nothing too bad considering it has traveled all the way from Canada. I home my fellow Danish Elektronauts recieve their copies soon too!

5 Likes

Mine is at the post office!

1 Like

Got it! It’s been ready for pickup at the access point for some days now, but didn’t have time to pick it up until now. Looks great, some miniscule corner dings from the journey, no biggie.

Fridge magnets and stickers too…

6 Likes

Kickstarter for new print will be live soon

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jasonnolan/allen-strange-redux-2023

5 Likes

I think they mentioned Friday in the email?

Glad they’ve been able to get it out to everyone who wants a copy!

2 Likes

I highly recommend this book if you want to understand analog synthesis and patch design in more depth. I’ve had a lot of moments where I realize why something is the way it is that I’ve just accepted as how synths work. It’s also improved my virtual patching on the Arturia Music Easel a lot.

It’d be fun to have a book club here on the forum and share interpretations of the example patches with whatever gear is on hand.

4 Likes

That’d be interesting.

I just ordered the PDF version. I have the book here, but it’s still on the shelf.

2 Likes

Allen Strange book club is open for those of you who are interested.

1 Like

This is closing in a few hours. Last chance to back it.

1 Like

Done :grinning:

1 Like