All these non-Elektron owners hanging around like a bad smell…

…of which I’m pleased to report I am one :grinning:

Love this forum, love you guys xoxox

Right now my sonic explorations have taken me to other places, but I still love the Elektrons and will no doubt be back in the club one day. Really miss my Analog Four MKII which one day will no doubt return. And the Tonverk is on my radar for sure.

Who else is still lurking here after selling all your Elektrons? Maybe you’ve never owned one but just enjoy this place to hang out.

6 Likes

Should there be a single thread for all non-Elektron owners?

Surrounded by barbed wire?

7 Likes

Haven’t owned one for a couple of years now, don’t see myself buying another one in the near future.

Decided I don’t really like hardware that much, and this whole “groovebox” thing is shit. Can do all that stuff easier and quicker with Ableton these days.

Might get another Analog Keys one day, for no other reason than they are beautiful to look at.

13 Likes

I never owned an Elektron box, I hang around because this is a good place to learn about electronic and experimental music gear.
My music is very hiphop influenced but I am too experimental for your average hiphop producer.I am too groovy and lofi for edm forums and too samplehead for synthesizer forums.You guys are the better fit.
My workflow is a mix of toy samplers, synths etc and ITB production.
I would love to own a Tonverk at some point, the other boxes are cool too but I don’t think I need all these advanced sequencing capabilities.
I record my tracks layer by layer so I can mangle my drums live in various ways without running a sequencer.

9 Likes

Maybe you could at least buy an Elektron USB cable or something. :money_mouth_face:

20 Likes

At least non elektron device users should use a mechanical click clacky keyboard for reply’s.

7 Likes

These are still 1€ cheaper than TE’s cable which is the only nice braided USB cable I own so it’s actually a good idea for a replacement.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s time for Elektron to put out a DAW for all the in-the-box users…

2 Likes

As of last week I am for the first time without an Elektron Box and I think I have owned nearly all of them over the years! Syntakt & Digitone II were the last to go…

I have no doubt I will buy in to the Elektron ecosphere again when something that interests me comes out, but my TR-1000/S-4/RS6 and Modular taking all of my bandwidth currently!

2 Likes

splitter-lonely

2 Likes

Have some Elektron now. Didn’t come until I did but stayed even when I didn’t. Liked the lack of salty folks here…seeing a bit more salt lately though.

7 Likes

It’s a total bummer!

6 Likes

I’ve had long periods between owning Elektron boxes while still posting here. It’s cool by me whatever anybody uses to make music as long as they don’t try to imply that their way is the only way and other ways are wrong.

Certainly no salt from me at least.

4 Likes

There is always Overhub if you want cheap Elektron box.

3 Likes

Do you have music shared anywhere? Your description of your music makes it sound like it could be right up my alley

I own (and love) a DT1, but probably spend 90% of my music making time with Ableton hardware and/or an electric guitar. And this is the only social media I check daily!

It’s gotten a little more tense here lately, but I still find it way more enjoyable than any other online communities I’ve joined.

2 Likes

Ah good point!

I now feel validated :sweat_smile:

Apologies to the new owner of the Model:Cycles with the missing adapter

11 Likes

I have added Tonverk and Syntak to my TR1000. Dream team! Syntakt on analogue synth and additional drum duties. Tonverk on sampling, granular and wavetable duties.

1 Like

title is clickybatey :laughing:

my forum / music making ratio is in a bad shape… should jam more. kthxbye!

2 Likes

I have one Elektron at the moment.

I have 7 Elektron USB cables. :grimacing:

I can’t say it’s intentional. Especially on devices I’ve bought re-sold without the original box, I tend to grab the unit and the power cable and forget anything else in the moment.

I have an Octatrack labeled CF somewhere too (but I think I sold it with an upgraded card.)

This is my apology.

4 Likes