Akuto Studio AKT-0.1 Chord Machine

Chord generator/player from Akuto Studio:

No idea of the price just yet – it’ll be a Kickstarter launching on 22 April 2023. You can sign up for an $80 discount on whatever it will be but the FAQs say this is limited to the first 100 units and more than 2,000 people have signed up (at the time of writing). Plus, they’re based in Switzerland, which means near enough everyone including those living in the EU will be paying for shipping/import taxes. Looks very nice though!

3 Likes

It looks very TE’s OP-1. Doesn’t seem to have MIDI Out, though.

From what I remember it uses midi via USB and comes with the adapter for midi din ports. But not 100% sure on that.

1 Like

Yeah, I wonder how it will pull that off. FAQs mention a midi dongle and that it has CV :thinking:

1 Like

Hmm, does the adapter also have an additional USB power port? I don’t see any mention of a battery.

That’s so close to TE that it’s near plagiarism.

I like it.

4 Likes

I am not sure either…

Found this demo on reddit;

1 Like

Hot item. They are over seven times their initial goal on Kickstarter, and there is 18 days left.

They have delivery set for January 2024. It can present a challenge for a company to scale up production volumes when the anticipated demand is exceeded by so much.

The “playing field” is a good idea.

1 Like
1 Like

Hey Tchu – Funny that you popped in here just now. I had been shuffling about working on a post here the last couple days too.

Akuto a couple weeks back put up an update on their Kickstarter page. This is open to non-backers to read, earlier updates weren’t. They’ve had some delays to the project, but really it sounds relatively minor and almost routine in product development. They also indicated they have some new stuff to report soon, and are working on another demo. As often the case with the KS projects, they followed up with a page on Indiegogo and so people can pre-order there.

More to say but i am still working on that to post.