AKAI Force

and this sequence order could then be converted into a new, long composite sequence. But automation is a PITA right now because automation editing can only be done via the event editor… and its just lines of MIDI commands in a long, long list :zonked:

1 Like

Export to .ALS makes me think you can’t record a whole song with it. Is that correct, or am I completely off here?

:cold_face: brrr

“look akai, let me show you how we used to draw automation in 1989 on a 640x480 monochrome screen…”

“Now please can you add this to your hi-res touch screen ? Thanks.”

20 Likes

Major flashback…
Schmoo the man cracked mine

This and an akai sampler… it was all I needed to crank out tunes back in the days. No internet, no distraction… just pure focus on the music for hours… that made up for the shitty sampler screen and unreliable zip drives.

1 Like

Yeah with you there s950 and a shoebox full of diskettes

2 Likes

Damn floppies ! I can’t say I miss them either.

2 Likes

Sometimes I miss having an ST. The heady scent of melting plastic… An MPC1000 with JJOS comes close.

Mike Hunter version 1.0 crack??? :smirk:

2 Likes

Mine was version 2.0, cracked by MCA. I can’t blame the young me, but now I no more use cracks.

Used to work in a music shop on London’s Charing X Road in the early 90’s. Bought/sold hundreds of Atari ST’s, nearly every single one sold was supplied with a MCA “copy” of Cubase v2. Many of those musicians went on to buy legit copies of Cubase.

Working at that shop also enabled me to cherry pick the best Atari hardware of the time: MEGA STE, SM125, 4MB RAM, 80MB external HDD (size of a small suitcase) MIDIx+/expansion and a legit copy of Cubase.

falcon ? :sunglasses:

wait. Als support!
upcomming? for real? wow!

2nd thought EDIT : cross Platform support, not sure i would rely on it.
each time ableton farts, akai will have to update?

Falcon was still a bit too expensive (at the time).

Changed jobs (moved to Nottingham and worked at Millennium Music) and switched over to PC (once I’d seen Sound Forge/Acid).

Amazing ! Just like the electribe 2 !

:smirk:

Ah ok. does it works fine on the electribe?

Yes it does. Your patterns are exported as projects, each E2 track being a clip.

1 Like

I remember you as an mpc live user, didnt it work out for you?

Parameter lock isnt possible with MPC live? Then its somewhat uninteresting device.

1 Like

If the Force’s release makes the Akai MPC Live drop 40% in price. I might snap 1 day.

1 Like