AI generated art

It’s not that it’s dark, or negative vs positive. As humans we’re strongly attuned to the subtleties of human faces. When an AI image is a bit off on a piece of architecture we won’t notice, but when it’s off on a face it looks creepy and wrong.

There are lots of beautiful AI images out there, but they don’t have faces in them; they’re scenic or architectural or design-oriented (someone in Midjourney has been making a whole lot of textures, perhaps for a game?). On that scale the AI quirks can look charming & artistic.

It’s easy to ask for pretty pictures. Me, I like really fucked up things, so I guide the AI in that direction. It’s just a matter of taste.

4 Likes

Just to confuse the AI I only put ‘NFT’ as an input and gave me a fantastic concept art for a sci-fi movie - from midjourney.

13 Likes

Which just proves the NFTs belong to the future and we have no use for them in 2022.

Here’s an example of something that I think is pretty from Midjourney, although my aesthetic tastes may be strange.

13 Likes

And here’s some pretty stuff from Starryai. I think I’m the only one using it here lol.

9 Likes

Very cool!!

I’d love to use it more but haven’t quite convinced myself to spend money on it yet…

It is tempting to be honest, for more well thought out prompts or specific projects.

I’m using it for free. Just one 600 iteration picture (4 points) and one upscale (1 point) per day.
If it comes to paying money, Midjourney is the clear winner. Cheaper, and the quality is much higher. Plus anyone can apply for the beta, you get at least a couple dozen pictures for free.

1 Like

Yeah, I quickly upgraded to the paid version of Midjourney. You can get some astonishing stuff out of it.

I assume you need beta access to Midjourney before you have an option to pay for it?

A starryai creation

1 Like

7 Likes

3 Likes

asked it to make some “hard but completable maze designs” and then used the output to create this fiendish puzzler:

haven’t succeeded yet, proper head do-er

5 Likes

5 Likes

You do, yes. It doesn’t take long for them to send out invites after you sign up though – a few weeks in my case.

1 Like

Mi5cents

7 Likes

That is some really trippy bizzness going on there… nice…

Woa that is proper trippy. Can you shed any light on how and with what that was made?

1 Like

I’ve been heavily into making AI imagery for around a year now. I post it here sometimes.

6 Likes