Aha! There will be another Elektron sampler

They list the AR, MD, and OT all as having sampling or sample use capabilities.

Thank you, was going to guess that since AR and MD have sample playback capability. Although, I think it’s a stretch to call them “samplers” because they can’t sample. More like “sample players”

Definitely not seeing this, no. Weird.[/quote]
ditto…you might just be seeing that it has all of their other products at the bottom of the page no matter what category you click.

The MD can sample.

MD can sample

I did not know that. Thanks, I’ll read up on it.

Wondering how its sampling capabilities compare to OTs.

Hmmm, the fact that you responded to this thread made it even more suspicious :wink:

It’s not as advanced or user friendly as it is with the OT, but IMHO it’s key for really getting the most from the MDUW, especially when you start resampling parts.

So do I win an Elektron sampler of my choice? :wink:

The moon landing never happened!

Hmmm, the fact that you responded to this thread made it even more suspicious :wink:
[/quote]
If you take every third letter of Jon’s post, add 3 letters to it, then reverse the whole sentence, you will see what he REALLY was saying but was not allowed to be talking about.

AHA!

Elektron could have avoided all this fuss and speculation by simply using ‘Sampling’ as the header for the OT, alongside ‘Synthesizing’ and ‘Drum Machining’ for the other units. But no, they had to complicate things.

Amazing how a single letter “S” can be such a complicating factor!!

You still can’t buy the USB cables in Accessories :frowning:

sampling? i find active words more appealing anyway…
tbh, the whole category thing is kinda weird to me… dunno part of why i got elektron stuff is because it was flexible and i didn’t have to ‘worry’ or feel boxed in. :slight_smile:
could have more devices more under each category, put the ‘non-standard’ stuff lower, and give examples? md or octa are synths in my book. do a lot of percussion synthesis on mnm and a4. do as much sampling on md as octa, to a degree you can pull of some similar things on the non samplers using delays or with the a4 sound locks.

yes because the Van Allen belt is actually a giant projector screen… and to get to the other side one thing is needed…
:heart: Overbridge :heart:

overbridge is gonna be a big selling point for them…so yeah, new OT :wink:

this thread made me smile though…

and rytm is a sampler (even has a button for it), if you can load samples, it’s a sampler. overbridge will make it easier though, thank god

I respectfully disagree

Yeah, that would make sense - Overbridge is obviously a huge deal for Elektron and it’s potentially confusing to only have it apply to half your product line.
But then the MD and MN would also need to be updated, really, since they’re current products. I guess Overbridge could be restricted to black-cased machines…
I’m not especially bothered about Overbridge myself - I use Elektron boxes to get away from the PC. But you have to figure that a revised OT would have a few other tricks up its sleeve… but then what could they be? Analog effects would bleed into the Rytm’s space, and beyond that (and a few lingering bugs) I think the OT is a practically perfect machine. So if it was just an Overbridge revision, I think I’d be happy sticking with my original.
Of course if they ramp up the processor and add ten more LFOs per track, I might have to reconsider.

This is one of the most ridiculous Elektronaut topics in a long time!

1 Like

I respectfully disagree

[/quote]
i just loaded samples into it last night. but it isn’t an “MPC” if that is what you are thinking. but if you have an iPad and Strom…it’s like a big screen MPC…so yeah…that’s what I did last night. try it for yourself.