Aha! There will be another Elektron sampler

…because at the moment this section title on their new website doesn’t make all that much sense:

Samplers.

1 Like

Should be analog this time, with lamps and tape please

1 Like

I hope it’s only a mistake.

Hopefully an OT with Overbridge is planned.

Oh geeze, I just bought an OT.

If my three years old Octatrack died, I wouldn’t hesitate to get a new one today. It’s an instrument I’ve built a relationship with over the years and it’s only getting deeper and more fun.
I just find it interesting to see that Elektron apparently isn’t done with samplers/sampling yet.

Could also be to keep consistency in the naming of sections. Would look weird if everything else was in plural and sampler was singular.

It’s a section for samplers, that happens to only have one :slight_smile:

ding ding ding, we have a winner!
:joy:

1 Like

HQ really should make the dividing lines between sections thick and blurry rather than thin and sharp. There is so much overlap between Elektron instruments … might go over the head of the first-time visitor, but fuzzy boundaries would bring smiles to the knowledgeable. :slight_smile:

Be a bit odd to relaunch a website, giving it three categories that didn’t exist on the old site, but knowing from the start that one of them will only be filled with one item for the foreseeable future, no? :wink:

eh, i don’t think it’s that odd…what samplers do they have?
they have one, the octatrack.
doesn’t seem very confusing to me.

So why make it one of three categories and call it “Samplers” if there’s only ever gonna be one item in it?

because a category wouldn’t be in its singular form.

“so , do y’all have any samplers?”

“yeah, we have the octatrack.”

1 Like

Maybe it’s a typo. There’s only one sampler. I don’t ser any others in the photo. Curious.

i don’t think it’s a typo…that’s a category, so you would obviously put “samplers” and not “sampler”

Did any of you guys click the Samplers section link? They list the AR, MD, and OT all as having sampling or sample use capabilities.

So much speculation. So little reading!

We did indeed have a winner. Just “Sampler” would have looked weird.

3 Likes

:wink:

:angry:

:joy:

Definitely not seeing this, no. Weird.