Against the Clock Discussion

Does this count as against the clock?
Besides that, after you go through the positive comments you’ll start to see the negative ones with a fair amount of likes as well. It seems the Sonic state community has some explaining to do. Are there any nauts in these comment sections?
1 Like

YouTube comments should be treated like a safari. keep your hands inside the vehicle and don’t engage with any of the creatures you encounter.

23 Likes

Loved this one… one of the last things he says made me laugh. We dont need modular to make music while sitting in front of thousands of $$ of modular and not touching it.

3 Likes

Hahaha yeah totally very true, it fired me up knowing that he had a dn in his arsenal. That’s the only synth I have rn, so it pumped me up.

I loved it.
Very cinematic and instantly made me recall Geoff Barrow (Portishead)’s work on the Annihilation film score.

I think I’ll say so in the YouTube comments because wow the haters sure do seem energized. Being awful must be exhausting.

6 Likes

I agree 1000% it’s almost like since there isn’t a way to hold anyone accountable for their comments, anything goes.

I have a preen fm synth for those sounds and she inspired me to get my shit together and learn how to use send fx (better) so I could make my own blade runner sound tracks lol
Like if I hadn’t seen this vid, I wouldn’t have gotten experimental with it.

1 Like

yeah she got some good vibes on here for never having used them before. wasn’t expecting to hear those refaces sounding so moody and dark

1 Like

I’m heading for one in my future, my dark dystopian future.

Good point!

Isn’t the comment section in ATC videos disabled?

kinda my point… it wasnt there when the comments were on.

1 Like

Generally not fond of atc because it oftens falls in one of those :

• Real improv’ : not really interesting because it lacks time to get from a simple idea to something good.
  • Prepared set : Let’s put this sound here and this here…Damn’ it sounds good…What a luck ! My a** ! :slight_smile:
  • Jacques : rare.

But I have to admit, that Barker’s, which I have discovered here, reading the thread about his arpeggios is very interesting, musical, ryrhmic simple yet intricate, similar but never quite the same…I watched it a few times and I really like it !

I tried to listen to his releases though and it did not keep my interest after 3 tracks…

Regarding the sonic state video, I quite liked the sounds and the ambiance. Made me discover Tori’s work.

3 Likes

Love the bleak, alien atmosphere of this. Makes me think of Super Metroid.

Comment sections are generally cesspits, swimming in them is bad for your health.

I’m not a fan of the Barker ATC, he gets a good sound going but much prefer the vids where some tries to build a track as quickly as possible. Getting a nice jam going in 10mins is much less of a challenge.

1 Like

they closed the comments mainly because they were getting tons of extremely sexist comments on the vids by women IIRC

always relevant in these discussions:

13 Likes

My favourite I’d say.

7 Likes

100% agree. I can usually tell within the first 30 seconds whether or not I’ll be watching the rest of the video.

1 Like

Don’t believe any institution or person that claims they want to remove your freedoms for the protection of others.

Where freedom ends tyranny begins. I personally think there is no grey area that conceptually exists.

Otherwise, do unto others etc…

1 Like

Can we get back on topic please?

3 Likes

Not an against the clock ep but it’s from Fact so why not leave it here.

That Overstayer. :star_struck:

5 Likes