Against the Clock Discussion

One of the best

3 Likes

i just luv the way he 's going , wow i feel the fun there :-))))))

this one was really nice and musical

2 Likes

I enjoyed this one a lot.

5 Likes

The best I’ve seen yet; Barker, featuring OT and DN:

17 Likes

I particularly love the way he makes use of the Nord Pad in his studio.

4 Likes

“Male dominant activities” :rofl::joy::joy:

2 Likes

‘best’ of the against the clock series is a very low bar admittedly, but agreed that no matter, this is very good stuff. hope they did more of a studio tour thing like they sometimes do, but i guess he basically summed things up there at the end.

The ATC I prefer most…

Awesome…

Biggest ball dropped…

2 Likes

Check out that setuo, one hell of a track for only having 10 minutes. Spot the dn and Octatrack. Plate reverb is sweet

6 Likes

Haha sorry I didn’t see this and I shared it too. Can’t figure out how to delete it

Thats a really good point, men seem to expect the woman to prove themselves when they absolutely don’t need to.

2 Likes

The performance (and his live show) is mostly Octatrack+Digitone, with the OT sequencing drums on a Nord Drum as well. Looks like the OT is also sequencing the DN.

In the beginning, he’s using the arpeggiator on the OT to play the DN, but almost immediately there’s a ton of melodic variety from just a few notes, and it doesn’t sound particularly random. Any thoughts on how he’s achieving this? It’s really impressive what an evolving sequence hes created within a few seconds.

Ooof I’m not sure, I just have a dn. To me it sounded like a randomised arp pattern on dn. I’m too scared of the octatrack but curious

Probably a modulated arp.

OT arps can be constrained to a scale, so even throwing LFOs Trig conditions and P Locks all over the place, tons of variety, but no ‘random’ feel as it will always be in key.
Id say he was using the OT arp to control that Digitone patch.

4 Likes

Do you mean diminished?
Have a look at the scale options on the OT arp settings. Try it and see :wink:

Think about it.
You enter pitch data, then send that data to an arpeggiator that locks to a scale. If you modulate pitch with LFOs, that data still runs through the scale locked arp.

Try it and see.

2 Likes

Well thank you ! I’m 475 miles from my setup but I will for sure ! Thanks !!

1 Like

I’m looking for a modular desk/rack system very similar to the one barker has his OT/digitone/keyboard/eurorack on here. Looking for one with wooden tops, not just a standard multi tier keyboard rack.

Anyone got any ideas? Do you reckon it was bespoke? Can’t seem to find any decent off the shelf solutions.