Against the Clock Discussion

If you’re male and the music sucks, it sucks.
If you’re female and the music sucks, it sucks.
If you identify as X gender and the music sucks, it sucks.

The workaholics guy that was stoned and dancing around his studio having fun, in my eyes was equally suck.

Let’s not make this a gender thing, it’s clearly not.

And remember when I say the music sucks, it’s just my opinion. You can also think my opinion sucks, my music sucks, my YouTube page sucks, or my attitude sucks. Don’t worry I won’t get upset or feel unsafe because of it.

11 Likes

All else fair but this is unnecessarily, inappropriately snarky.

I’m not quite sure why though? Maybe I’m missing some nuances in tone here.

I conceded above that it would be hypocritical of me to criticize that you want to go negative on people unsolicited AS LONG AS that negativity didnt contribute to making anyone feel unsafe

Eg hate speech. What had been unspoken in the convo until a few posts ago was the controversy surrounding ATC comments being shut down due to rampant misogyny and sexism. Which is what i was referring to; not aesthetic criticism.

Edit: to be clear I took up issue after the most recent couple of videos and their subsequent criticisms were posted. I havent seen any evidence of anyone being sexist / misogynistic.

What if aesthetic criticism makes people FEEL unsafe, will that soon be considered hate speech? This is a road that should be carefully tread, but I don’t believe in policing speech, even hate speech. ATC can do whatever with their channel, but I’m not a fan of that type of censorship. The price of living in a free society.

1 Like

Ah I see, well thanks for elaborating. All these posts are a bit too much to follow for the occasional forum visit. So much tension in here.

ThIs is just such a problematic position. Considering how much hate crime has been reignited in the 21st century due to unmoderated social media; considering all the bad ends history has had from it. I think that’s an extremely dangerous position.

Idk man. I guess well address it when it happens. I really dont see that happening.

True but i don’t see how that even comes close to having some criticism towards someone’s performance… This is taking it a notch too far to be frank and way off topic.

2 Likes

With respect to all parties, can this topic get back on…topic?

Discussion of censorship could get out of hand very quickly. Perhaps a private discussion via PMs.

8 Likes

Youre all right. I just wanted to address someone making light of hate speech when as you say very different things. Carry on.

Ok, changed my mind, I love the Umfang video, it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen.

Can we all move on now please, if only to spare the mods a long evening.

4 Likes

Back on topic. I’ll refrain from my political stances here.

They were right to shut down comments
Music industry has many issues around sexism and an imbalance of genders
Internet is full of trolls hating on women DJs and producers solely because they are female

These are facts

Not here though, this is just a ten minute crappy video. Could be a duck sitting there

Disclaimer I’ve nothing against ducks

4 Likes

What is patently clear to me in these vids is that some people can improv very well, and others cannot do so to save their life. This perfectly mirrors what I’ve experienced in performing and doing improv with dozens of people over 20 plus years. I’ve seen some great ATC videos and some where the muso sounds like a typical Saturday morning at Guitar Center. It seems that this FACTMag format is better suited for those that can think on their feet.

I look forward to seeing what we come up with here for our very own 10 minute challenge.

2 Likes

Omg i would so watch a duck do something with some kit for 10 minutes. Gets a like from me.

1 Like

In fairness after I wrote that I thought the same which sort of lessens my point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha :smile: :+1:t3: :duck:

Umfang music is bad even when not in ATC. But yes, terrible one. It’s like there’s no editor in these medias. Quality control anyone ?

3 Likes

The thing about booking a duck is they will always want top bill ing

14 Likes

Sore spot? Were you bumped down a lineup once for a duck?