Aeros Loop Studio Looper

another interesting idea is a software looper. Zenaudio developed this idea: Alk. https://zenaud.io/

2 Likes

It’s undeniably a powerful looping solution, but it requires way too much forethought and setup to be useful in live situations; especially when improvising, which is the entire point of live looping for me personally.

If there are three things I’ve learned in my years of juggling flaming swords onstage, it’s the following:

1. Never entrust a computer to do your job.
  2. Never commit to a fixed arrangement.
  3. Never rob the crowd of the action/reaction visual aesthetic.

i.e. There has to be risk. There has to be the unexpected. There has to be a correlation between your foot work and the sounds people are hearing, else they will either lose interest or assume you’re playing to a backing track.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Correct. I use not for live but for instant composing…

3 Likes

Yes :sunglasses:
I don´t use it at the moment. A friend does a noise mod repair.

I experiment with Boomerang, 2 x Echoplex and Octatrack for a live setup.

2 Likes

For those craving for an Electrix Repeater, there is one on Reverb right now EU/GER based. 400EUR

1 Like

Pretty scary! Sure of that? How many years?
I’d be ok with 30 years. :content:

I read about a 300 ms latency. Time before rhe loop is played?
Part change wirh CC102?
Possible to cue next song?
No prog change?

30 years is way beyond I would trust a touch screen to last, because there are many factors which reduce its longevity (mechanical wear, residues from touching and/or cleaning, material aging etc.pp.).

1 Like

Yeah touchscreens are a no go for me also, aside from the fragility and comparatively short life span (with little chance of repairing after a few years) I don’t think that they are a satisfactory way of interacting with parameters, not enough precision and lack of tactile feedback, yuk. :laughing:

In the past few months I have not purchased items that I otherwise might have, had they not had touchscreens.

Shame, because aside from this I think the Aeros looks very nice.

I want the same kind of thing @tnussb wants, a nice recording solution that can sync to my gear and record longer sections.

2 Likes

Indeed. Ah. You both may stop my gas for this.
Back to RC505? Up to 3h30 recordings…

1 Like

Currently Deluge is working for me but editing of long files is something it does not do to my requirements.

Forgot Deluge. Could you describe more its looper features, maybe in an another topic?

I may stick to OT. I’m think about making an arduino thing wirh 64 leds to display pattern position, it would help me.

Voilà:

2 Likes

With midi control I wonder if the Aeros can work without the screen…

Commands Aeros currently responds to:

• MIDI Clock (BPM)
  • Time Signature (BeatBuddy sends this when a BeatBuddy song is loaded, for format see BeatBuddy MIDI Commands)
  • Start (Real Time)
  • Stop (Real Time)
  • CC-102 (Next Part: This triggers changing song parts to the selected part in 6x6, or the part not currently playing in 2x2)

The next MIDI commands we will implement is to support the Aeros Mode in the MIDI Maestro, which will consist of:

• CC-33, value 0: Save song
  • CC-34, value 0: Start new 2x2 song (same settings as previously loaded 2x2 song) and enter loop studio
  • CC-34, value 1: Start new 6x6 song (same settings as previously loaded 6x6 song) and enter loop studio
  • CC-35, value 0: Go to saved songs screen (show currently loaded song)
  • CC-35, value 1: Go to Loop Studio screen (if already in Loop Studio screen, ignore)
  • CC-36, value 0: scroll down list (songs screen, or otherwise if relevant)
  • CC-36, value 1: scroll up list (songs screen, or otherwise if relevant)
  • CC-36, value 2: Select (currently highlighted item in song list)
  • CC-37, value 0: Undo/Redo currently selected track (6x6 mode)
  • CC-37, value 1-6: Undo/Redo track (value #)
  • CC-38, value 1-6: Mutes/Unmutes track (value #)
  • CC-39, value 0: Stop playback immediately
  • CC-40, value 0: Record new song part (6x6)
  • CC-41, value 0: Record new track (6x6)
  • CC-113, value 1-6: Begin transition to part (value #), if part doesn’t exist in song, ignore command.
  • CC-113, Value 0: complete transition and change song parts at end of the bar (like on BB)
1 Like

I totally agree on that. I’m stuggling to find the right ‘looper’ to use with my noise machines (like my Lyra-8, Moffenzeef stuff, Elmyra). If I sample with my digitakt, I feel less flexible. I could also record immediately and than select the best parts, but then I need my computer (which I try to avoid). So I would use the ‘looper’ as an composition tool and a jam tool. I now have the EHX 1440 Stereo looper, but in my case I guess Aeros would fit in my setup perfectly. What do you guys think ?

1 Like

Well, just ordered one, so I will soon find out. :grin:

3 Likes

I’ve had the Aeros for a short time and been having lots of fun using it with my Lyra-8. Its great for layering textures synced to midi. Being able to save so much on a SD card is pretty handy with the Lyra too.

2 Likes

Has anyone of late got one of these?

Or any updates on how you’re finding/using it?

I had some money to burn & no real desire for synths, drums etc.

Received yesterday but not had time yet to check.

1 Like

Have you tried it out yet? Looks like there a new firmware in the last few weeks.

How are people getting on with these? Interested to know peoples’ impressions after using them for a while.

2 Likes

I’ve had a few hours with it.

I like it but I think I’ve made the mistake (again) of thinking I need a looper when In reality I don’t.

So I might list it for sale in the next couple of days.

1 Like