Adam Jay Electro Album for 2020

will PM you

ā€¦gave it a close listen yesterday nightā€¦in peaceā€¦

first impressionsā€¦great over all sound consistance in that albumā€¦minimal approach rules big timeā€¦in nice track progressionsā€¦
artwork and sonic work are matching in greatnessā€¦
most resonating trax for meā€¦ā€œwaveguideā€ and ā€œcruces motileā€ā€¦

good job!!!

ā€¦and even if u sucessfully resist to understand me, at least i understand u now a bit moreā€¦ :wink:

keep it up and goingā€¦three thumbs upā€¦!

2 Likes

Bumpinā€™ this in my car this AMā€¦ so crispy and punchy, a master class on how the 606 can sound.

3 Likes

Really digging this. Excellent stuff.

Finally got a chance to listen to this proper, just joining in the general ā€œthis is awesomeā€ camp, really great stuff and yes the drum programming is top notch

1 Like

Hey @AdamJay dope album as always ! Love it - super inspiring.

Used code k79m-gzj6 thanks very much

1 Like

duuude, really digging Tempus Malum & Warp Drive!!! so much rawness here, great work!

2 Likes

Thanks!
Warp Drive sounds a bit simple but getting that synth line with that timing/swing was a fun experiment.

Basically the 1/8th note that drives the synth line is broken into 16 micro steps.

So the Monologue sequencer plays all 16 of its steps in what sounds like a single 1/8th note in the measure. It fully plays through the 16 step sequence 8 times for every bar of music.

However the Monologue seq only goes to about 240BPM, so I used the Korg Monotribe Swing iOS app to send it timing pulses at 900 BPM. This also meant I could play with the swing at that speed, and put what sounds like a 16th note roll at odd points in the sequencer.

3 Likes

wow, thx for sharing those production details :smile:

1 Like

Pure wizardry !

Nah, just the old trick of if youā€™re ever bored, plug a pulse into a clock input and turn it all the way up and just see what happens :smiley:

2 Likes

Ah Woody mcBride, i forgotā€¦ , I have a special place in my heart for that sound, together with strange dirty stuff from bunker, djax up, synewave ny , those were my early 90s youth heroes with slayer and obituary ( and trance until 93)

Great record btw

2 Likes

69th like ! :+1:

1 Like

Finally got around listening to this . Crisp&Clean !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Used 5bzy-uzqu Thanks Adam :+1:

Have to listen in good conditions now :wink:

1 Like

so I found a video I made from that session, on an old Time Machine backup.

8 Likes

Sounds amazingā€¦ Great work!
ā€¦ used: rzz5-6q7f

1 Like

Having a proper blast on this here in Wales on a stormy Sunday afternoon. Vibes man, precision implemented electro weapons.

1 Like

This is really awesome, thank you for this!!

Used vk9v-u5zk

1 Like

Igloo Magazine did a write up

2 Likes