Acid on Digitone

weird, fixed it.

Making 303 stlye patches is all about knowing the 303 synthesis. There are some basic elements that most synths can do.
Saw/square wave vco.
Low pass resonant filter.
Filter decay env
Amp decay env
Glide/portamento. (this is essential)

Its pretty basic. Keep a short gate length. Then add the magic with glides and velocity/accent.

5 Likes

@Ess Very Richard James of you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

indeed. straight from the druqks era

I recommend the Digitone on acid

5 Likes

Aahhh well, maybe.
Lots of the stuff Iā€™ve done recently seems to spark some AFX association for a lot of people butā€¦ Itā€™s just braindance/idm stuff, lots of people sounded like that, but RDJ is like the only one that kept doing stuff in that direction, no?

Guess itā€™s not a bad artist to be compared to though, haha.

3 Likes

certainly not :slight_smile:

Sure, I guess he is just the most famous representative of this ā€œgenreā€ā€¦ But still, some of your latest digitone (and model:samples) demos have serious druqks vibesā€¦ I love them.

5 Likes

Gaaahā€¦ Iā€™m inspired now!

Just had a little tweak around with the filter over the sawtooth and canā€™t believe this thing can do another thing.

Nice, nice filter :smiley:

Hereā€™s my contribution

Itā€™s actually very fiddly to make it close to a real 303 since for example the ACCENT also makes the ENV MOD shorter on the original and you really need to stay in the 303:ish sweetspot of the filter. Going to high makes it sound like crap right away. But itā€™s absolutely possible to make acid with the DN :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Reviving this thread to see if anybody wants to try their hand at Acid on the Digitone now with the addition of the Portamento feature.

Iā€™ve been gassing for a tb-03 or the tt-303 but do not want to spend the money! Can anybody help me out with some programming tips? Or just post your patch settings if possible. Thank you!

5 Likes

Did you load the Digitone Keys presets yet? Thereā€™s one in there called TB Square (I think) that might be a good place to start patch wise.

3 Likes

I have not yet, I will do that in the next few days. Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Stud

Hi

Good job ! , it is possible to share your patch?
Thank you

1 Like

Peeps need to get out and listen to more braindance IDM releases , found a good one here that has lots of Fm , could it be digitone ? https://soundcloud.com/fxbip/sets/bipolar-ep-extracts-out-now

https://soundcloud.com/fxbip/eudaimonia This sounds like he uses that digitone acid patch.

1 Like

Maybe they like to compare his stuff to the Aphex Twin ā€œdruqksā€ album because it has acid patch and thin saw(?) was chord pads on top with a braindance IDM drum and synth sequence pattern and time signature, so I think that style is always going to sound Like druqks to people who have only heard that album and donā€™t listen to the genre a lot.

I donā€™t know. Some of @Ess 's demos just breathe a lot of Druqks vibes to me.
Even Aphex himself didnā€™t sound like that anymore after druqks. Itā€™s a particular vibe that I only associate with that album.
If anyone can show me something close to druqks other than druqks (and @Ess :wink: ), please send me links!!

2 Likes

I love it too.
Just a completely different style :slight_smile:

druqks is also my least favorite, his analord stuff is incredible though

2 Likes