Ace music / shit art

Almost more disturbed by the typography than the visual.

4 Likes

I can’t stand the drawing style for some reason

5 Likes

Sweaty cerberus

3 Likes

FLA has had some epically bad covers over the years, but in terms of music-to-artwork imbalance this might be the most egregious:

5 Likes

I like album covers that make you wonder and look ath them over and over again (like Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy).

Unfortunately then came a time where everyone had a PC.

[Great music, btw.]

And then came the time where everyone used Google Images because everything there is free, you know.

And then came a time where everyone used AI, which does a much better job with Google Images.

6 Likes

What were thinking???

9 Likes

Only “Destroy Erase Improve” is kinda nice …

2 Likes

Probably “spaghetti”

3 Likes

Great band

Great album

Shit cover

11 Likes

Kool Keith had had some pretty crappy album art over the years, legendary rapper, great music imho but man the sleeve art sucks…

15 Likes

“The title references an incident Steven Adler had in 1989 while the band was temporarily staying at an apartment in Chicago. Adler stored his drugs in a refrigerator next to the band’s takeout containers, which contained Italian food. McKagan explained that Adler’s code word for his stash was ‘spaghetti’. In his lawsuit against the band, Adler’s lawyer asked the band to “tell us about the spaghetti incident,” which the band found amusing and used as the title of the album”

The actual incident in question, by the way, is a “food fight” between Axl Rose and Steven Adler and was adjacent to his being ousted / replaced in the band, allegedly as a result of his drug abuse.

kool keith is dope but his taste in album art is fucking weird. There was a rumor he wrote the track blue flowers while 5150’d into the psych ward of some public health center after going ape shit on some psilocybin.

In fact outside of ultramagnetics I can’t think of a time he wasn’t weird. Like did he in fact commit murder and write a song about it as implied in the song shoes and suits or is it just playing up his weirdness?

2 Likes

Indeed, except for Dr Octagon of course…

I’ve posted this album in the “what are you listening to lately” thread but your post makes me want to share this beauty here :

9 Likes

I know right, no parm cheese!

2 Likes

amazing tbh

1 Like

“Would you like some grated cheese sir?” “Yea please” “ok just say when” … … … “sir?” “Keep going” … “bit more” …. … “…when”.

1 Like

Yeah this one is kind of dilemma.
There is a lot of Meta to evaluate.
The record is great for sure .

I think kool Keith is all about the rumours and playing up to the weirdness, as with all of rap I think a degree of what’s rapped about has to be taken with a pinch of salt, never let the truth get in the way of a good story, the horror core genre would probably see plenty of rappers locked away and thrown away the key if even a small percentage of it could be proved true… I dig his weirdness though although some of his vitriol towards mainatream rap makes him sound a little bitter at times…

2 Likes

He ripped off a RZA beat and RZA was fucking angry. I’m convinced he dreamed up the entire bobby digital persona as a rip against kool keith. He even directly addresses it on one track, says some shit like “dr octopus tentacles, make a track bobby digital instrumentals identical”

It’s been too long since I heard it so I can’t quote it verbatim.

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t listened to the bobby digital stuff in ages either, to be honest I didn’t really like it the first time round, gravediggaz on the other hand…:muscle:

1 Like

It’s not my “go to” wu fare.