Ableton Live 11

But don’t sleep on the additional Sampler features beyond multi-sampling. Like being able to apply FM to the sample with its own waveform and envelope. It nice having both options (Sampler and Simpler) for different uses.

5 Likes

Thank you to those you recommended upgrading to 11.

Not just for new instruments, fx and features but because I’ve realised I had very little packs installed. Been installing them all morning and wow, so much stuff to dig through and realising so many of them cover things I’d been searching for in software and hardware.

This is going to keep me occupied for a long but now on the flip I can’t see my syntakt getting the use it deserves so may have to sell that. I don’t keep anything I’m not using fully.

For now though it’s about swimming in the glory of live 11, thanks people :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeah packs are insane value imo, the amount of samples, presets, instruments, midi clips, racks is just insane value for money.
there’s so much to explore there, I use Glitch and Wash or Skitter and Step all the time just to throw in a beat while playing with an instrument, they all are polished and crazy good, and I just love the fact that you can take a whole midi clip or a rack or single one shot sample from it.
I also really love that you can install them directly from live, so convenient, sometimes you don’t need the pack all the time but suddenly you want some acoustic drums, so you download the pack, take what you need and you can remove it. easy!

1 Like

I saw someone in a demo that I can’t recall, they were able to A/B plugins with a keyboard shortcut.

So they pressed a key, and the rack instantly activated plugin A, and deactivated plugin B. Would love to be able do this.

I’ve searched online but can’t find the solution. Anyone know how to do this?

you can easily do it with Key Mappings, on mac you quickly enter key mode with Cmd+K or the Key button on top right next to the CPU meter, everything you can map to a keyboard will light up in orange, you click something with a mouse and just press a key, I use numbers for this, so for example I want to A/B two compressor settings, I map both Device On to key 1 or 2 or whatever and then turn one on and the other off, that way you can press 1 on your keyboard and it will toggle between them.

10 Likes

Oh so that’s how you do it, this is amazing! :smiley:
Thank you so much for a very pedagogical explanation :pray:

no problem, remember that you can map almost anything to a keyboard, you can A/B tracks (by mapping track mute the same way) or effects or whatever, btw the same method works with Midi mapping, if it’s easier for you you can do the same process with Midi mapping and have a key on your controller do the same thing.

for example you can see in my template that I have Open Plugin mapped to Pro-C 2 and L2 and other stuff on the master chain, but I also have these mapped to my EC4, so I can quickly open/close a plugin and adjust stuff without looking for the right track etc.

4 Likes

Interesting, these workflow ideas are super helpfull! Thank you!

1 Like

Imo it’s a mistake to not buy suite. First off the synths are insanely underrated by many. Wavetable is my go to over more expensive 3rd party options.

Second you are always talking about sequencers like cirklon,hápax. Etc. For a fraction of the price you can get amazing m4L sequencers that make all that hardware honestly seem dated. I have had a cirklon and went through m4L and was like “why did I buy this?”

The best sequencers come with suite. Its an endless array of selection.

9 Likes

for my purposes not really at this time and I can always upgrade to suite version from standard later on if need be and wait for major sale. I already have a Hapax sequencer and on 3 year wait list for cirklon.

1 Like

I can imagine most people who feel happy in Live Standard don’t realise how good the Suite upgrade is until they’ve done it.

Is there anyone here who regrets upgrading to Suite? My guess would be there isn’t…

I realised today that Convolution Reverb covers what I paid for in Altiverb and Arturia’s Spring Reverb plugin, both of which are processor intensive, and that in itself covers the difference in cost between Standard and Suite.

One of the simplest tools you get with Suite that doesn’t come with Standard, that I use ALL the time and it’s great, is the M4L LFO plugin… people complain about Elektron units having only 1 or 2 LFOs per track… the little LFO plugin used with Overbridge is a monster that eradicates that problem.

7 Likes

there’s also CV Tools in Suite which has bunch of utilities including CV LFO you can use with the ins on the AR for example or with anything that has CV in/out, overbridge not required!

2 Likes

You totally missed my point but it’s all good.

1 Like

The cv tools are amazing. Yeah.

1 Like

Another bonus from using 11 today is I’ve been using my iOS apps. Not sure how solid they are but had mirack and space fields going for a bit.

This is pretty awesome

2 Likes

no prob I have a dozen eurorack sequencers and tons of modulation in hardware. But next year will consider upgrade to suite on sale if needed. I am trying to reduce workload and not have a bazillion plugins and sequencers. That was overkill back when I had Komplete Ultimate before buying hardware synths,

1 Like

Anyone know if Zeeon can run in Ableton now?

I just tried it and it works, only there is a strange gray rectangle visible at the bottom.

2 Likes

You can get Zeeon for OSX?

Yes, if you bought it on iPhone or iPad, you can download it in the appstore on mac. Only your mac must have an M1 processor or higher.