Ableton Live 11

I’m thinking of updating to live 11 and buy a m1 mac mini. Coincidently there’s talk of the usamo in this thread. Will the usamo AU driver work with the m1 architecture without rosetta?

Have you had any luck in getting authorisation yet?

Let me have a shot now

edit: hmm. nope. I even tried the offline method and it 404’d. bummer

what gives?

the site is back up back the autho servers still down it seems

They just published on Instagram that their identification server is still down.

2 Likes

I sent a message to tech support this morning with my hardware code.
I just received an email back from noreply@ableton saying my machine has been authorised… I’m not near it to check right now though. Hoping it’s sorted.

In other news, I ran 12 instances of Arturia Pigments this morning, all with various settings and some granular engines running too… the CPU was showing 16%-20%.
This is on the new M1 MacBook Pro… I can’t wait to get going with it once this issue is sorted out.

4 Likes

Instagram!?

Yeah for real.

2 Likes

Blog post from Ableton

1 Like

Holy forking shirtballs, USAMO is magic! This thing works like a charm. Finally, I can get that robotic precision; no more MIDI jitter ftw!

I tried sequencing my Nord Drum and everything sits perfectly on the grid now. USAMO is hooked up to my Apollo Twin.

Still using an old copy of Live 10 Lite. I will upgrade to 11 as soon as I can afford it.

2 Likes

Hi there! Hope someone can help me out here. I have a M1 mini running live 10 (rosetta) and now also live 11. I’m on osx 12.3 (Monterey).

Both in live 10 and 11 I can’t get the latest Usamo plugins to work. They work fine on my 2011 MacBook running BigSur.

The VST won’t show up in 11, crashes in 10. The AU shows up in both, but crashes.

Ive tried all the tips and tricky ableton put on their website, but can’t fix it. Very frustrating!

It’s as if Monterey holds something back. The Usamo plugins are not to be installed though, just put in the right folder.

I tried every tip I could find, but left in frustration… ;(

Thanks for anyone who can put me in the right direction. Thanks!!
Jasper

I just loaded up the VST. I am on an M1, same OS version as you. Difference is I don’t run in Rosetta. The newest plugin versions are M1 native.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your response. I checked all macos security settings and the other stuff, again. I concluded this must be a user error and so it turned out to be: I forgot the ilok manager. Oops!
It’s running smooth in live 10 and 11 now!

Thanks again,
Jasper

3 Likes

I’m hopeful Ableton runs another easter sale this year so I can upgrade my 10 Suite to 11 Suite.

Milking my Live 11 demo period as much as I can. Have about 70 days left on it. Didn’t think I could adapt to the new clip view tabs/ui, but to my surprise I have. I don’t use most of the new features, really just appreciate the M1 native-ness of it, versus V10.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat, minus the trial. Need to get on that! However I am really looking forward to making weird gestalt drum breaks with the comping feature. It’s easy enough to chop up clips and stick them together but the comping feature makes it look way faster.

Some weird Ableton science in this last video fo mine for those who might be interested :wink:

7 Likes

Is there a method or plugin to overlay lyrics (plaintext, not “lyrics video”) in arranger mode?

Was there one last year?

Acccording to google.com, yes

1 Like

It rings in my mind that it’s more of a summer sale in May… Maybe I don’t remember correctly.

I have 55 days left in my Live 11 trial, so I’ll take an early summer May sale too! :slight_smile:

1 Like