Ableton Live 11

It’s about bloody time Ableton included at least one basic synth with even the lesser versions of Live. It will make my Live Intro that much more useful and fun.

1 Like

Live 11 Beta Release Notes | Ableton

Obviously an MPE PUSH type device on the way…the new update is all about MPE!
May even be announced at NAMM…

2 Likes

This is a valid point, there are not many MIDI keyboards/controllers out there with MPE support, so it makes little sense to invest that much work into a niche feature.
I guess there will be some kind of Push 3 or controller focused on MPE in the near future.

that looks super nice, I can see sweet bass coming out of that little instrument!
gotta say, the amount of updates to live 11 is amazing over time from when it was first released.

They aren’t at NAMM. Just checked the exhibitors list. They aren’t at Superbooth either.

Shall we start a list now. No !
Check the list in this thread.

That said it is possible that Ableton does a Push 3,
=> or adds MPE like action to the Push 2 somehow.

Just watched the video all the way through. As a synth nerd, the sound and the analog way different parameters interact is super exciting, yet as a professional designer, I’m almost more impressed by the design. The economy of the workflow packed into such an unassuming UI is among the best I’ve seen, hardware or software.

This could have been a big selling point just for Suite, so the fact that it’s coming to all editions of Live is astounding. This is a huge move from Ableton.

7 Likes

so I have a question on using Ableton Live 11. Once I record my tracks for each scene, how do I record a scene to an audio file? I notice it is recording the master and often nothing gets output to an audio file when doing an export!

I’d agree. It’s definitley a neat trick. Wavetable has a similar layout and flow, yet this one looks a lot more immediatley intuitive than the other synths inside Ableton. Looks immediatley very intuitive and the whole “hard to make a bad sound” idea is also a nice touch.

Dare I say it, they’ve gone for a touch of the Uhe analogue vibe with this one and it looks a decent effort on that front.

1 Like

I’m playing guitar through Live more than ever.
I have Live 11 standard.
Is the Ableton Amp sim worth it at $99US?
At that price one could buy three or four amp sims from PA…

Probably not, but it’s included in the Suite, and I think the price to update Live Standard to Suite is worth it.

6 Likes

For $ perhaps there are better amp sims for $100, but I do know a performer who uses default Live FX for his guitar processing since it’s easier for him to manage the complexity of project in his head, he doesn’t have to A/B a bunch of different plugins or manage licenses.

1 Like

I don’t l really know what an ableton mpe controller could do better than a linnstrument. I imagine it would focus on other stuff, more specific ableton integration.

Cost less. Linnstruments ain’t cheap.

3 Likes

what am I getting myself into?

1 Like

Audio export only exports what’s in the arrangement view. So you’ll need to either record the scenes into the arranger live, or drag them in and shore up any shorter loops.

1 Like

thanks I got it working and will master this DAW.

I just installed the Beta but no sign of Drift, anyone else?

1 Like

You’ve gotten further than I have. I tried to sign up with Centercode a couple of times and still haven’t gotten a confirmation email.

Ha! Probably overloaded with demand. I’ve been on there for years so that bit wasn’t an issue

Not sure if this was added earlier, but I noticed in the Beta there’s a new ‘system audio’ feature in Ableton preferences, and upon booting it just routes out of the audio output I had going at the time. I’ve yet to thoroughly test but this has been a pain point for a while, very welcome addition.

5 Likes