Ableton live 10

Without MPE I just don’t see a Push revision being worthwhile. I guess they could stick an interface at the back and maybe some sort of touch screen but anything else would just be fannying about for the sake of it. It’s actually piss me off if they brought out a new one before fully realising V2. Surely more can be done with that screen?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bet against a 9.5 style monster patch with accompanying Push revision.

sorry for being uninformed, but what’s MPE?

2 Likes

Also curious here.
Maybe:

• Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression
  • Multi-Processing Environment
  • Media Processing Engine

Not likely:

• Malignant pleural effusion
  • Maximum permissible exposure
  • MyPhoneExplorer
6 Likes

Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression

4 Likes

The top one. It’s a funny omission considering their recent partnership with Roli.

Able10 :heart_eyes:

Guys instead of bitching about missing features

take your time and sign up for the beta

https://ableton.centercode.com/

Took me five minutes (because i was on Live 9 beta) and i am now waiting desperatly for the download to finish.

You can moan all day, but it´s a great update :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun!

4 Likes

I really have no feature requests for Ableton and I am not sure if I am looking forward to pay 200€ for the upgrade. But the improvements in Arrangement view could be nice, Ableton leaves a lot to be desired here compared to other DAWs.

1 Like

You mean something like this

5 Likes

Now we’re talking!

2 Likes

Dude- The new Push Melodic Step Sequencer and Midi Capture were an instant preoder from me. All the other stuff that comes with the update are just Christmas presents.

1 Like

Still on 8 here and been working with Live more lately (mostly for collaborations), so I’ve been waiting for this.

Looks like I can upgrade from 8 to 10 for $229, or upgrade to 9 for $159 with a free upgrade to 10. Guess I’ll be getting acquainted with 9 soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

they should implement a built in audio editor, make a simple task such as converting audio to mono a simple fucking task.

5 Likes

They have put so many stuff in there that it´s hard for me to pick my favourites

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/

just scroll to the end there is a list with all features and fixes
to many to list here … great stuff …

one of my favs :

Control Surfaces are now available when Live runs as a ReWire slave. This applies to both Push 1 and 2 as well.

And the list goes on and on and on :joy:

2 Likes

Pro Tools all the way… errr…

The capture feature seems the biggest thing. Very useful.

Have to say this looks really awesome. I’m not really sweating the big stuff, but just a lot of small improvements that will help my workflow. Really gasing for a new laptop and a push 2 to replace my push 1 now. That shiz and my Digitakt with something I’ve heard about called Overbridge or something, which apparently will be available somewhere in the space time continuum could be really cool!

3 Likes

And it’s stuff like this that might prevent me from one day throwing myself out the window

Upon saving a Set using “Save Live Set”, “Save Live Set As” or “Save a Copy”, the previous version gets moved into a backup folder of the current Project. Up to 10 old versions of the Set are stored in this folder.
When saving a Live Set, the undo history is no longer cleared. The original file and history position are remembered when creating, loading and saving a Live set and the information is used to restore the Live set after a crash.

4 Likes

Surround Panner! Wooo! DID NOT see that! That just saved me $120 bucks on that Panorama plugin I was going to buy!

Thanks for the share! Yeah! This is definitely an essential purchase for me! The other stuff looks cool!

I’m only able to read this in little bits. Like a Disk Defragmenter of understanding is my mind now! This is a really exciting update. I’m over the moon right now with all three of my now-favorites.

I’m sorry others aren’t as enthused as we are!

2 Likes

Yeah, me is also sorry…
what a pity to them :troll:

1 Like