Ableton live 10

True- but perhaps it would be better to not officially upgrade until I see something that Ableton will improve that will actually click with me than to save $60 bucks and upgrade in faith.

Also, if the flow of Bitwig works better for me, it would definitely be worth the money. I’ll try them both the next 14 days. I need a bit of fun from how I’ve been trying to study recently- this will be like academic recreation mixed with being a mature consumer.

1 Like

(I actually checked musician’s friend to see if that’s true…)
I keep checking my email for some update on the backorder/some shipping notification…

I find that Live 10 makes the Push a lot zippier to use. Feels more responsive overall, I think that did a good job with tighter integration. To be honest, without the Push 2 I wouldn’t think that the update to 10 would be worth it…

6 Likes

100% agreed. Not sure if I would have upgraded if it weren’t for tighter Push 2 integration. I also hope that they continue to do more visual feedback for other instruments and fx, not just wavetable and echo. I think there is a bit here and there, but I think if they could integrate Operator and Analog a bit more, I would use them a lot more. As it is I usually reach for Diva, Dexed, etc. before Operator and Analog. Overall though, I am loving Ableton 10 and thus listing a bunch of hardware for sale (but… not all of it!).

3 Likes

Yes, it would be great if Ableton will expand the number of instruments/effects/etc using better visuals on the Push - and if they would open it up to 3rd party developers (perhaps similar to NKS?) I guess going by their upgrade history for L9 there is a good prospect that they will build up on the foundation that 10 provides.

1 Like

Is there any significant new factory sound content in 10? 3 gigs of sample instruments or anything like that?

I just realized this is out tomorrow!
these videos are kinda nice :

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had the beta since last year and only just discovered the other day there’s a shedload of new sounds, plenty geared toward modern dance floors.

2 Likes

Some of the new packs in pics

6 Likes

Not long to wait now.
Really keen to test out 10 suite.
Should be fun

2 Likes

Havn’t been excited for a DAW before, hopefully its released midnight in the States. Does anyone know if I can still open projects saved from Live 9 if I upgrade to 10?

2 Likes

Yeah, no sweat. I think you get a prompt to say it was saved with an older version so needs converting or some such but it takes seconds so no mither :+1:

3 Likes

I think they were busy providing all those upgrades to Live 9! Were you there for the live 9 ride? Live 9.5 + had some serious gifts!!

1 Like

Looks like the 10 update just dropped :thup:

3 Likes

“Your live 10 license is ready for download” :grin:

3 Likes

Strange, I’m still waiting…

Join the club. :sad:

Log on to your account and you should see the update

Unfortunately I’m still stuck on this screen

edit: well, it’s not too tragic. Have still work to do tonight and the internet connection at work is 1000X faster then what I’ve got at home…

2nd edit: And there’s the email in my inbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

got it!

1 Like