A4MKII Screen is reversed, help!

So, just now the screen on my A4 flickered, went all white, and came back reversed. Like looking into a mirror. Anyone encountered anything like this before? Any ideas on what to do (already reset it and opened a ticket with elektron).

1 Like

That’s a first I’ve heard of such a thing.
Elektron support is pretty great, however it is Namm.
I say sit tight and see what they say, or return it ASAP.

4 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was super weird. I’m outside the return window, but just heard back from support and they’re going to take care of it. This is the first (hopefully only) issue I’ve had with any of my Elektron gear, so I’m glad they’re helping me out with it.

2 Likes

this thing has some serious issues popping up

WTF Elektron, so glad i waited, might just wait to the end of 2018 @ this rate

@cmpb Did elektron say what the issue was in the end, thanks

Seems like its a poorly seated ribbon cable to screen, but I’m not an expert on that stuff.

2 Likes

I removed and reattached both ends of the ribbon cable, to know avail. It is with Elektron now, will see what they come up. But shipping alone means it is not a cheap fix

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re still sitting on your hands waiting here but just out of curiousity, what happens during test mode when you put it in key test and it gets to the dead pixel/pixel not extinguishing check? one trig should show fully lit screen and one for fully dark screen, are they now reversed of which one is which?

to late, they fixed it.
WRT sitting on hands, I tried test mode, I opened it up and removed all ribbons, and re-attached them correctly. Beyond that there isn’t a lot a single parent to an autistic child with a 40+ hr a week job and an ex-wife who is ill and requires frequent care had time for. I chose to send it for repair, and use my time for more pressing matters.

Thanks for your weirdly passive-aggressive comment about sitting on my hands (not really thanks, I was being weirdly passive aggressive)

1 Like

where I live in california sitting on your hands means waiting with no further course of action available other than the act of waiting. I can see that you have other things on your plate and I’m sorry for that, I don’t approach people on the internet with the intent to be hostile or do harm. I apologize if my attempt to help was not taken as such. hope everything, in general, works out for you in a manner more passive than aggressive :v:

1 Like

Sorry buddy, you caught me at bad moment. Apologies for misreading bad intent, and for my answer

1 Like

And this is why Elektronauts is my favorite online forum. Way to be good to one another folks <3

1 Like