A4 MKII Q.C. : Buyer Beware!

I orderd DTo, its 3 years warranty still?

Yes

1 Like

How are the replies helpful? Who cares if yours works? My a4mkii doesn’t have these issues either but guess what? Someone else is having this problem. How about try respecting that and being empathetic to their issue instead of flooding it with irrelevant comments.

2 Likes

Still no reason for you to get inappropately rude. Potential buyers could get the Impression that Elektron gear ist always faulty, which indeed is not true at all. You should be adult enough to also let ppl exoress that they never had any issues.

2 Likes

@Ess so are the encoder issues software related or hardware? wondering if it’s something they will be fixing with an update vs. having to go through the process of getting a new unit.

There are plenty of options in the software realm. Check out Ableton, it’s pretty ace. :slight_smile:

Apples and oranges. Besides, my day job consists of staring at a computer screen, I have no use for more of that after EoB.

4 Likes

There’s a screen in Elektron devices too.

I think you’re missing the point my friend… Elektrons gear is without a doubt faulty… Newcomers and potential buyers need early adopters like us to inform them of what’s instore when they invest in Elektron… We here are all Elektron supporters, if one of us is not satisfied with Elektrons practices, he/she should be able to express that… Out loud if need be. Elektron doesn’t give us any breaks when it comes to being their beta testers… So I say. Let the truth be known…

3 Likes

Elektrons gear is without a doubt faulty

ah right.

so if it’s 1 in 5000
or 1 in 10
does not matter to you?

of course you are OK to express your frustration about your experience, but it only makes sense to others if they get an idea how big their risk is.
so please allow others the same in saying if they have no problems, so everybody gets a feel. (this is also for @kwamensah )

we’ve all been there. i have to get a new battery for my iphone this week - again…
am i frustrated? yes. of course.

On the Subject: Machinedrum, AR MK1 & AH here.
no hardware problems - but very annoyed with Overbridge.
And i express that to support and in this forum.
But getting rude won’t fix it.
Sadly!
FFS
:wink:

2 Likes

I agree with the post above.
Saying everything works for someone doesn’t necessarily means harming those who are frustrated because their gear is not in pristine condition. Only balances the discussion, IMO.

Let’s not be confrontational, please.
This community needs to voice their concerns, let this be the most constructive, smart and respectful way.

Frustration and anger are feelings that can be hard to handle properly and often lead to aggression : let’s be careful not to throw sour/acid words at each other.

In any context, provocation is the worst way possible and only harm the atmosphere. It is not tolerated.

Please try to bring more peace and let each other express themselves. The one that disagrees today might be the one that helps you tomorrow.

17 Likes

Beautiful sentence :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My Analog 4 MK1 had a dead /screeching left channel after 3-4 month of usage, i hope they get their build quality improved. The replacement A4 is a fun device, and i went down for the Digitone now, but i think they should build long lasting devices if possible with modern electronic parts. Some things show only up after usage. (Exposed to temperature, movement and time.)

Overbridge did only work partially for me, in the long term it was not stable enough for me. If i have to reboot a drum machine, while i am in the session, i get frustrated. I believe it would be better if they introduced thunderbolt interface technology, or allowed internal recording to a SD card, usb media etc.

I wouldn’t mind if they produce lower volume, but with higher quality. Even if it introduces waiting time until orders are fulfilled. There is also the possibility to introduce quality measurement on the PCB itself. (I.e. measure the current when a button is pressed, measure clock deviation, jitter, audio noise etc, noise on ground lane, check the behavior in user environment and measure it again.)

The market works with reputation and if you loose your reputation you loose your business.

2 Likes

i do think (after studying it …) it’s also valid for anything (and it’s a shame because everyone need good feedback) There are many more dissatisfied people who are going to write it or manifest it than people who are satisfied … I think that satisfying people should say it too … because maybe the difference between the two will become anecdotal (or not)

4 Likes

No issues for me (OT MKI, A4 MKI, AH, AD).

@William_WiLD, so true.

Have had a fair amount of gear go wrong over the years from a variety of manufacturers (Elektron not being one them). It amazes me how some faults go undetected, but we have no idea what measures are in place and catch dozens of other faults before shipping…

It is frustrating and a hassle to return stuff, dealing with distributors/dealers/shops, especially when stock is new/low.

I’ve never had to cover the cost financially for a warranty return. It’s an inconvenience of time, which in no way diminishes how frustrating it is, but it happens. Sadly.

I believe that announcing this machines six months ago was a bad move from Elektron. Half a year of expectation and 1700€ to recieve a faulty machine with unfinished software or even hardware issues(rytm) ,to then having to wait one more month to get a replacement is a top way of generating user frustration.
I get it, this way they stopped people from investing in other hardware; but if you are going to go that way you really have to deliver.

Elektron had no choice but to announce them. The existence of the MkIIs was leaked. OT, A4

My guess is this is why retailers are getting the DN later than availability on the Elektron website.

I don’t think they had no choice, they could easily wait longer for an official announcement. Also, most of the times leaks are a marketing move.
And anyway the announcement had to be really soon, why would a seller list the OT MKII if that wasn´t the case?
and why they would also officialy present the Analog MK2´s?
In a company like Elektron , with branches in various continents and 20 years of experience, decisions are thought and things are made for a reason; they are not a school project anymore

Not all elektron gear is bad. We all know that and there does need to be measurement from happy and non happy users.

My OT mk1 has been rock solid and my heat too, my MNM went forever in perfect order. I was after an A4mk2 (and fancy a rytm2) as soon as they came out, I keep hovering over the buy button but I am not going to cave into temptation because I’ve seen more than enough the last few months to make me wait at least until the end of the year, their reputation is getting sorely soiled IMO and they really need to get their stuff in a pile and fast. These issues are global, that’s not good.

OP and others with issues,I wish you good luck and good vibes. I couldn’t cope and would return for a refund, I’m not into paying +1k to be disappointed

4 Likes