A4 MKII Q.C. : Buyer Beware!

Mine arrived this morning ! so far so good no problem of any sort at all…

3 Likes

Good shit. Any interaction between it and your Delly-O ? :slight_smile:

To the point where little Dellie had to go. But he found a better home now. They played together for awhile, but it didn’t amount to anything.

The A4’s so rich, once you’ve pushed the four tracks to their limit, there’s just no room for more. The irony then is that it has momentarily killed my gas completely. I just wouldn’t know what to do with something next to the A4, if I had it.

5 Likes

…and here I was thinking Deluge and you were in it for the long haul :smiley:

1 Like

You and me both, man.

Tho all I’ve said about the Deluge still rings true. But the A4MKII is even closer to the mark of what I want. Since I’m a singular instrument kind of guy, the Dellie had to go, but only because Elektron’s thing just got a strike even closer to home.

2 Likes

I’ve jumped on the Mark 2 Analog Four myself now.

Wow.

I’ve certainly experienced no quality issues. What a machine. And, compared to the mk 1, so much easier to find sweet spots; at least for me. :wink:

2 Likes

I understands you :slight_smile: I got both myself and I’m digging in deep, I enjoy multi-stuff & complex intrinsic co-creations. Whatever personally tickles the excitement and catalyses creativity is what one should go for of course!

I am craving some A4 mkii demos, but there is very little up on YouTube. Post ‘em if you got ‘em.

Hi i have some problems too with the encoders, there were some weird activities with them 

Looks like the same sort of problem the digitakt is having, over sensitive encoders triggering without any contact, I would like it sorted myself but its been a long time with no word so I dont hold much hope.

Okay in test mode i saw that encoder ‘I’ is jumping some value, i made a ticket

3 Likes

My knobs are a bit stiff when pressed and the travel distance is smaller than the DT’s knobs, making it harder to know if it is pressed or not. The knobs on my DT are more clicky, if that makes sense.

Is everyone’s A4 like this?

if we all could just keep it cool and go slowly, everything would be better for us, not just the elektron q.c. and prices…

1 Like

I found it too, i went from the machinedrum who have more clicky and efficient encoders, in my opinion, When i would like to disable some PL it won’t works well, i must click a lot to did it, for now my A4 come back to thomann for the upper problem, i’m waiting a new unit

right helps me slow the fuck down and take it in I love how it makes me alert

Sorry to be this negative
But the reliability of elektron has been heavily damaged
Problems with encoders, with pads, with sticky buttons, with wrong colored leds

I tried to buy a lot But didnt succeed
Now again problems with my Dt
It disturbs my workflow

So I will send this one back, I will cancel my digitone
I will stick to my A4 mk2 (my 3rd, first one that is not broken)
And my Octatrack

I do a lot with technology
But this amount of bugs and hardware problems
Is not acceptable
And heavily influences my perception of the brand

3 Likes

If only there were some competition one could turn to. Sadly there‘s no other company that does what Elektron does.

1 Like

Absolutely, but those new machines are oh so tempting.

1 Like

I never had hardware issues with my Elektrons.

1 Like

yeah, i have been lucky i guess. but all my elektrons have been perfect except for a wrongly placed button one time on the digitakt.