A4 mkii CV to Moog Minitaur (brand new adventure)

I know this will sound idiotic, but I have no clue how this stuff works. Trying to learn how to use A4ii’s CV track into a Moog Minitaur (in this case) to sequence it. The A4 has 1/4” CV outs and the Moog has 1/4” CV ins. I set CV out 1 to pitch and CV out 2 to gate. Set trigs on the A4 but am only getting one note, but with correct timing corresponding to the trigs. This is all brand new to me, so I’m not sure how to get different notes. Sorry I’m advance for the dumb question!

1 Like

How do you have your CV tracks set up?

CV-A is set to pitch
CV-B is set to gate
CV-C is for the filter in

I just copied the setup as per the A4 mk2 manual.
Still only getting a single note

1 Like

Always worth searching the forum in those instances:

CV-A needs to be set to the pitch range. I did this with a tuner in Ableton… You need to set the CV voltage for c1 and c6. I can send you the volatages when I get home and am in front of my A4. From what I remember, C1 was something like -2.197 and C6 was 2.736 or something…

2 Likes

Whoa, thanks!

Funny, I did search the forum…turns out I suck at that too :slight_smile:

Out of frustration I ran to my local GC and bought a Neutron. Had pitch and gate in minutes. Still don’t really know what’s going on with it, but I’m a little closer now. Probably take the Neutron back and get something else though. Not loving it so far and am kinda uncomfortable with the B word

1 Like

Elektron + Neutron : you also need a Proton. :wink:

2 Likes

There you go:

1 Like

Sweet, exactly the kind of help I’ve come to expect here

1 Like