A4 as Sound Card

PC Win7 64 — bit Ableton 9.1.9 32 bit … overbridge 64 bit

install overbridge 64bit. use designated VST folder = Steinberg … change that in ableton! right now you have to kiss your plugins goodbye.

in A4 enable Overbridge mode…

also in A4 in Global Settings voice routing disable everything! = nothing to main …

in Ableton preferences :
driver: MME
Input Elektron A4 DX
Output: Elektron A4 DX

input config 1+ 2 = on

output config 1+2 = ON

In Ableton in Pluginfolder (use the one Elektron forced upon you, stop whining) … drag 1 Analog Four instance into a free spot!

In Ableton create Audio Track … Audio from: choose Analog Four, Track 1 Analog Four, : Monitor IN audio to Master

do the above steps for Audio Track 2, A4 Track 2 … I chose a Kick and A PAD

Ableton MAster : Master out = 1/2 dont forget to turn volume up

Open OverBridge Control Panel, which you have to have installed before hand :slight_smile:

In Overbridge Turn all off EXEPT: Synth TRK 1 and Synth TRK2 … for INPUT from Analog Four

IN OUTPUT section turn on : MAIN L and MAIN R

decrease everything to 16 bit, stop whining, relaxed ! … H I T ---- A P P L Y

in the A4 Control Panel from the Plugin , there is a WRENCH / options /settings menu !

choose Sync Elektron Sequencer to host! …

now you should be able to send audio from A4 to Ableton… do some EQ and FX fuckery… and send the Audio afterwards into A4, and connect your speakers to A4 OUT LEFT and RIGHT (maybe for you it is headphones) …

enjoy!

1 Like

the soundcard sounds much better than my Native Instruments Komplete Audio soundcard. And… Elektron makes it possible to sell another piece of music equipment. Very nice, I think

There’s no reason at all to have the .dll in the default folder and lose access to all your plugins in whichever path you keep them.
You can either point to it during installation or simply move the .dll after installation.

Hey TrabanT, what sort of round-trip latency are you getting thru Live?

Im also sure that Live offers simultaneous access to 2 VST folders, regular and custom or something or other.

Are you sure you’re sure?

You can define one path, that’s all…

AFAIK it is possible to use symbolic links in your Live plugin folder to other places.

Even if you can, there’s still no reason to not just place the single Overbridge .dll with all your other plugins…

I already had latency problems before OB on my system… I d rather not say…usually I am really laughed at … OB did not make that better :sob:

aww sorry to hear that - OK so basically, whatever the system is capable off typically, is what we’ll see with OB

Ive been applying a midi clock offset in live to account for the sound latency :wink:

Things tight now…

Not gonna use the A4 as my sound card tho as I cant get a cue (headphones) bus working. I need my cue channel in live :wink:

Just going to usemy edirol FA101 as soundcard and route sounds via overbridge into live.

Now I can use the ableton cue bus and cue any channel(in live) which can also be A4 sounds…

Seems good so far with midi clock offset of 55.2ms lol

Hello I am running live 9 on my laptop, I am using my analog 4 as a sound card. I have a problem with sound doubling, both drum loops and internal sounds from the a4

34 posts were split to a new topic: Reaper, Overbridge - Analog Keys as sound card