Tarekith hints at new AR sequencer features

I wish too… would change everything.

I can’t see it being difficult to implement at all! By not being difficult I mean it’s probably difficult but the architecture, DA, and signal path is already set up for it…

Don’t act surprised Simon! Surely this has been talked about before in HQ, yes?

:wink:

You can already do this via the driver, but with the coming version you will be able to route audio into the Rytm / Four via the plugin as well.[/quote]
Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but what do you mean by the driver?

Whoa…

I know I’ve been shot down around here before for asking about the possibility of digital OSCs. Of course, I had no clue about the architecture or technical capabilities of the A4 to do it. Just daydreaming.

But Kotare, who knows more about synths than me, says it’s possible. Would be interesting to hear from somebody at HQ.

Simon, would you like to chime in? Do you know if it would be at least technically possible to implement a few extra digital OSCs on the A4/AK?

I understand the Elektron team might not want this, might not have time for it, etc. Just wondering if it is at least technically possible.

[/quote]
Sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question but what do you mean by the driver? [/quote]
I ve been wondering the same thing for like 2 days now…glad somebody else asks this question… I assume they mean the Overbridge interfacy thing, with the bars where u see the audio levelll… just a guess tho

Not a dumb question at all!

By “the driver” I am referring to the sound card functionality of our Overbridge devices. However, it’s vague of me to use it like that since the driver handles the incoming audio to the plugin as well. It’s just how we’ve started to refer to it in the office.

Anyway, if you set up the Rytm or Four as your soundcard with any present version of Overbridge you can send audio to any of the Tracks.

Threading on thin ice here! You guys are making me sweat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes! It’s technically possible. But quality-wise?
Hmm… There is no hefty DSP running, you need to take that into account.

(And yes, I know you can make really nice lofi synths out of almost anything, but then you won’t be doing much else with the processor, and we are doing a lot already)

1 Like

i knew that!.. i swear!.. A4 as Sound Card

Hi Simon,

Whats the ballpark ETA on loading Sample Chains to the Rytm in Overbridge?

Next update? One after? 3 months? 6 months?

You mean just uploading samples via Overbridge?
Honestly, I have no idea when that will be ready, sorry.

But as AdamJay estimates, 2016 is probably correct.

The coming version has been quite huge in terms of development, and it is feature set - sample loading via OB is not part of it.

1 Like

Honestly, I have no idea when that will be ready, sorry.[/quote]
Is there SysEx documentation available?

Is there SysEx documentation available?[/quote]
It’s SDS - if you are referring to only the sample loading.
EDIT: Don’t know how they will be handling it via Overbridge

1 Like

Is there SysEx documentation available?[/quote]
It’s SDS - if you are referring to only the sample loading.
EDIT: Don’t know how they will be handling it via Overbridge[/quote]
Cool, thank you, good to know.

Not a dumb question at all!

By “the driver” I am referring to the sound card functionality of our Overbridge devices. However, it’s vague of me to use it like that since the driver handles the incoming audio to the plugin as well. It’s just how we’ve started to refer to it in the office.

Anyway, if you set up the Rytm or Four as your soundcard with any present version of Overbridge you can send audio to any of the Tracks.

Threading on thin ice here! You guys are making me sweat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes! It’s technically possible. But quality-wise?
Hmm… There is no hefty DSP running, you need to take that into account.

(And yes, I know you can make really nice lofi synths out of almost anything, but then you won’t be doing much else with the processor, and we are doing a lot already)[/quote]
Thanks, Simon. Don’t mean to push you out onto thin ice! Good to know it’s at least possible. Now I’ll go back to daydreaming. :joy:

I’m daydreaming about some sort of little lo-fi mode the A4 can go into… maybe sacrificing some processor intensive features momentarily to gain the digital oscs capability. Perhaps to get somewhere close to the ESQ-1 type of sound.

I sold my ESQ-1 earlier this year and still regret it, just didn’t have room for it, it’s huge. What a lovely sound though - those digital oscs going through the analog filter… so nice to my ears.

I own a PRO2, a Modal 001, and have an Acid8 on its way; I have a fetish for digital oscillators combined with analog filters.

[/quote]

Look out for an ESQ-m, they’re a great solution :slight_smile:

I’m after one myself. ESQs are SO cheap at the moment, they’ve gone down in price…

Yes.

So the single cycle OSC could be substituted for the noise sample on OSC1, yeah?

They’re a tiny file size, and the only extra DSP would be a loop functionality, as the noise OSC already has all of the processing possibilities of the AK voice available to it yes?

Lofi digital is actually preferable to me! It seems really feasible, it would turn the AK into a beast…

I just wanted to revisit this idea. The Roland R8/R70 series was brought up as having a “humanize” feature, and I noticed the Squarp Pyramid has it as well. Is this something Elektron could/would implement into the RYTM? This is a very desirable feature to me; I’m actually thinking of picking up the Pyramid sequencer for this one feature alone.

[quote="“Prints”"]

I just wanted to revisit this idea. The Roland R8/R70 series was brought up as having a “humanize” feature, and I noticed the Squarp Pyramid has it as well. Is this something Elektron could/would implement into the RYTM? This is a very desirable feature to me; I’m actually thinking of picking up the Pyramid sequencer for this one feature alone.

[/quote]
Geezus, Bach. Buy an R8. You won’t have to sell anything for it :wink:

So hard to be human these days.

[/quote]
Geezus, Bach. Buy an R8. You won’t have to sell anything for it ;)[/quote]
lol I ended up ordering an Abstrakt Avalon without having to sell the A4 :+1:

@ Simon

Any chance you could give us a drop date?
I find myself checking this and the elektron site at least twice a day for news. It sounds so awesome that I’m having a hard time sleeping at night :slight_smile:

Also, and you may have mentioned this already but, will there be an update for the other DAWs in terms of Overbridge? Mainly I’m hoping an a useable OB in Logic x. It’s pretty messy right now (glitched audio, bad syncing, outright crashing the whole thing).

Cheers!