A Song For Fin25

This song was composed entirely on the Elektron Model Samples. It was routed into a cheap mixer with some heavy compression and light saturation. The stereo mix from the headphone output was also routed through a cheap Bitcrusher/Filter pedal (Hotone Krush) and into the DL4 MKII for reverb/distortion/delay.

TLDR: Made on M:S w/FX

2 Likes

have you done a lot of ms only production?

1 Like

Yes actually. A lot of the stuff on my SoundCloud is MS only. Visitor and Grinder to name a few. A lot more finished pieces on the MS coming that are in the machine but not recorded yet.

Edit: I also bring in the Model Cycles, Empress Zoia, Nord Drum 3P, Moog Werkstatt, KP3, and more in to the party on occasion but I love to do MS or MC only pieces.

1 Like

where cunst one find the link to thems?

1 Like

I remember watching about 5 minutes of this before I had to turn it off. Too infuriating.

1 Like

It was a tough watch for sure. But I couldn’t look away.

Edit: If I had kids though, I don’t know that I could have watched it. It made me want to warn @Scot_Solida before burning the state of Kansas to the ground.

Edit 2: I cried multiple times.

And I still think about the little girl who I took the “dancing for the flesh” sample from all the time. I hope she’s stripping now and feels no shame about it. Or at least dancing occasionally and enjoying herself whilst doing so.

2 Likes

Yeah the 1984 film. I’ve not seen the remake (I wasn’t even aware there had been a remake!). I’m not a big film buff but I had a small collection of Stephen King films such as Carrie and Christine that I’d recorded off the TV

1 Like

It’s the programs way of telling you to get off social media and go outside and play.

3 Likes

oh my insides

1 Like

See here :wink:

2 Likes

this is really top notch info you’re selling here and I salute you for bequeathing it unto me.

I hope I am using the word bequeath correctly because it sounds too much like queaf for me to be using it incorrectly and it was a risky move even typing it.

alas, I salute thee good person of the night

1 Like

Fuck you, I will do what you tell me :joy:

4 Likes

I was seriously considering putting that sample in the song!

Edit: The won’t do one

2 Likes

Dope track! What device did you use to make it?

1 Like

He mentions higher up in the thread that it was Model Samples.

1 Like

Yep just Model Samples and Effects (DL4MKII and a cheap Bitcrusher pedal).

2 Likes

Nice. So from m:s straight into these 2 pedals or did you use the fx on the samples before loading into the m:s?

No FX pre-load. The MS is running into the mixer clean on channels 1 & 2 but it’s being slightly overdriven and heavily compressed by the mixer. The headphone out is routed through the Bitcrusher for bitcrushing and filtering then into the DL4 MKII for reverb distortion and delay, then into channels 3 & 4.

3 Likes

Fuck you I won’t do what you tell me
You can rot in the sun like a body you smell me?
No masters, no chains, no bars that could jail me
We’re all broken, whatchu want, a medal for frailty?

2 Likes

Fuck you, brainwashing our babies.
Hope they all avoid you like a dog with some rabies
No masters no chains flow strong as Euphrates
Parents tell ya children stay away from these crazies
Less you want em molested, ashamed of their feelings, want em forced to ingest it, want em sucking and kneeling. Want em blowing they brains out all over the pavement cause you sent them off to Jesus Camp to suffer enslavement.

*And now it has a rap verse. I will add it in soon.

1 Like