A Show of Shows - Superbooth, SFF, NAMM - Spring 23

Will be miserable? :grin:

2 Likes

Gits.

2 Likes

Table cloth

1 Like

I actually thought this was really interesting. It has a lot of things I could use and a lot of good ideas. Hard for me to accept how it looks though

At NAMM :

Sibilla – Eurorack DSP Stereo digital oscillator/drone machine from Clatters.

From their web page :
Its sound is sculpted by various saw and sine waves running through intricate delay networks, altered by LFOs, white noises and creating constructive and destructive interferences.

3 Likes

At SFF :

IRCAM is exhibiting. I look forward to hearing more on the advanced technologies they are working on, and hope to see some of this interesting research being used in commercial products.

If you are interested in what IRCAM has been working on recently, i wrote a post in an AI thread about some of that.

( It looks like my “hunch” in that post was WRONG, but it was hopefully ignorant. )

2 Likes

That’s a cluttered design by clatters

Agreed. When I did eurorack I always favored jacks on one end and knobs on the other. At least then there’s a bit of a gap in the spaghetti mess. But it’s a polarizing topic for sure.

2 Likes

Forgive me my bias (please), but isn’t “cluttered” a given with modular when you go beyond 1 patch cable ?

Ducks and runs

2 Likes

hahhahaha
When it comes to a modular synth there are a few modes:

Empty (unpatched)
Cluttered (some patching)
Cluster Fuck (it’s doing a synthesizer sound)

3 Likes

Jon Wayne is the don. Great gate crash at the Elektron booth at NAMM.

10 Likes

Was funny stuff! Ricky really didn’t seem keen on letting him take that OT :rofl:

And of course it was an amazing beat :ok_hand:

This Garry guy is going places.

Is Dreadbox there? Waiting impatiently for a DIY Nyx :neutral_face:

1 Like

Dreadbox is at both SFF and Superbooth.

SFF starts in a little over 14 hours.

8 Likes

1664 beer and chill.

Hopefully dreadbox has an update on their higher end flagship poly they have been working on, as well as maybe some new euro modules. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Being in both shows, they’ll have to decide when to say what. Superbooth is the big one so they might hold off big announcements till then, or they could announce everything they can at SFF and let the excitement ride through to Superbooth.

They might get more attention announcing tomorrow, whatever they’ve got. Their announcements might get missed with all the activity at Superbooth.

1 Like

Synthfest France is on !

Doors are open.

9 Likes

Great, but no live coverage?

Nothing on the official site and nothing on YouTube either, and yes, I am impatient this year cause I want to hear the Aodyo peeps talking 'bout Brass!

2 Likes

Never bothered waiting for announcements before, so please bear with me on this!

SFF is a physical show that people attend just like NAMM, right? So what I don’t understand is how, after the show has been running for a whole day now, not a single person has uploaded a single video to YouTube, and there are no new announcements on gearnews.

So that’s a synth show but no new videos from Sonicstate, nothing on YouTube and the counter on the official website has simply come to a halt but nothing has changed.

The only explanation I could come up with is that maybe they don’t post anything until the show has ended. But that doesn’t make sense either, because it woudn’t stop the visitors being able to upload videos of their visit and findings to YouTube etc.

So now I’m thinking aliens have invaded and beamed them all up to a giant spaceship :grin:

1 Like