A second new machine? [Analog Rytm launch, January 2014]

Its a little more complicated than that but to keep things simple, the price per Elektron’s site will be pretty much the maximum retailers will charge. Why else stock it!?!
To complicate things further, VAT works both ways for retailers. They will, effectively, receive units from Elektron for fat less than £1400. Plus, Id imagine there will be discounts for bulk buying and, most likely, marketing. It is in Elektron’s interest for this machine to be available from as many sources as possible.

Jesus told me its a new version of the MD :stuck_out_tongue:

still won’t be as cool as this imo

though would be nice to get something this interesting in hardware

So Jesus knows what’s in the box?

More P.S. force?

Some sort of human race game…

The world is like a single drop
of the hot blood of Christ
that fell into the earth.

Now we watch them…
dirty ones
striving for power
over a single drop of blood.

I really think it has to be some sort of “resurrection” “From the beginning”

I would love a new version of that wonder box. Elektron really offer a solution other than a computer which is super cool!!!

I hope they announce it, oh, tomorrow or so. I don’t want to wait until mid-December and then go “fuck I should have gotten a Monomachine for 10% off” :neutral_face:

Not a poker player I take it ?

the 10% carrot isn’t worth the risk of the pointy stick you could get stuck up your ass.
There’s always a little unspoken risk when a vendor puts a sale on his stock, in that he might be trying to flog you the old to make way for the new. But when you know for certain that there’s a new machine on the horizon (but not what it is - hehe, masterful marketing) I think it’s pretty foolhardy to be enticed by that 10%, especially in a case like yours where you’re already expressing the possibility that you could feel buyers remorse depending on what’s behind the frosted glass.

people who buy used don’t really have to worry about this kind of stuff, in fact they usually benefit from it… as we’ll see by all the A4’s that will be for sale to fund A4K purchases - thanks in no small part to it’s “deeper bass” sonic potential :slight_smile:

Actually I’m an all right Hold 'Em player :wink:

Don’t get me twisted, I’m not buying anything on a 10% off sale announced around new product launches. I have room for one more box, and knew what I wanted it to be until they were all “lol, not just Analog Keys!”

I’m just going to have to be patient and see what happens, and then go from there. It just would have been nice to get a MnM for 10% off if that’s the route I go down. I don’t always buy new, but current used MnM SFX-60+ prices aren’t making me want to drop any money over a new one from a reseller.

tru dat, in that case the price difference is probably worth the fresh 3yr warranty + avoiding the other inherent risks of buying used. Main thing that concerns me about buying used elektron stuff is the encoders.

Anyway.

Whatever comes out of that box better have a Meat Beat Manifesto’s worth of bass or certain members of Elektronauts might explode.

If it isnt a new MD allot of people are going to sob imho!!!

Maybe it will be an Elektron modular synthesizer/sequencer/fx processor?

Can we refrain from discussing the AK in this thread? It was meant for the new machine under the glass.

And no he said/she said bullshit. Just do it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1

[Moderator’s note: deleted off-topic material]

anyway, they’ve said the new machine is quite different, so some of these anxieties about what is coming and what is here now can be seen in that light

i can’t read this thread any more, as much because of the deep bass panic poop as much as the other crap!

Unfortunately, due to the Analog Keys launch, moderating has been a bit on the back burner. But the recent bickering must not continue. If certain users don’t calm down, they will be banned.

Elektronauts must be a place for relevant discussions, not a he said/she said-arena.

A version of this post was also posted in this thread.

1 Like

So, back to the Machines!

Am I mistaken, or is a 2nd new machine going to be announced sometime today? Has it been postponed?

No announcement date yet. But it hasn’t been postponed either so to speak. More info in December!

1 Like